Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Hey guys what's your preference for clan wars? Usually if we are playing you guys we play at like 8pm and which is your ~10am. Currently the match is set midnight our time which I think is a hard ask for level of play required. What are your thoughts?

Edit: I've requested that the start time be moved to 10am GMT.
    Last edited: September 13, 2014
  2. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

On a saturday? how about 11, otherwise my brain is still dead....
  3. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

what is the time diffrents between us again mish? is was 9 hours iirc. (counting from the Netherlands) We can do it like we did before we at 11 am/12 pm and you at 8/9 pm. we can also shove it up a bit too 2 pm for us and 11 pm for you than we are all fresh.
  4. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

We should do some clan streaming before we have our first game just to promote ourselver a bit.

Battlebear should do it or someone else with a good enough pc
    mishtakashi and archcommander like this.
  5. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Ill set it up next week I also dont mind being the liason for that game and give the interviews
  6. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

One thing, do we need 2 liasons, considering we're going to have two different teams completely
  7. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

no we only need 1 liason. 2 liasons might be too confusing for casters/orginization etc.
  8. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Yeah i get that, it's just that if we have 2 different teams and the liason is only on one team, then he can't really talk about the 2nd teams game because he doesn't really know what was going through their minds blah blah blah
  9. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

I thought it was agreed that I played in both teams. However, I really dont mind sitting one out.
  10. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

11. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

My bad. I remembered the 2 Team diffrently. You are right. We'll see when the time comes who is online and who issnt.
  12. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

But of course If we are missing someone, you're going to replace
  13. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Our first clan match is 27 september 12 o'clock utc against team burning. So that is 1 o'clock for uk people and 2 o'clock for dutch and swedish people i think. 8 people will be playing. Have we decided who those 8 people are? (Can't remember)
    mishtakashi likes this.
  14. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I'm not available on that date at that time but am open for a few 1 v 1 tonight if anyone is free?
  15. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

Okay can we setup a 1 vs 1 tournament with Exodus Sports? That'd be more official. We can make it a double elimination or round robin or something. We can do it this weekend if that works for people. Say Saturday the 20th? Or even Friday the 19th.
  16. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Both 19th and 20th should work for me. Do we need it to be official? If it's an internal thing we could just do it ourselves. Managing Challonge isn't that hard and signups can be managed 20 minutes before we start based on what people are on Teamspeak.
  17. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Wait are we talking about just a 1v1 inbetween ourselves or open to everyone?
  18. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

I'm talking about this:
    And I suggested that because I want to practise 1v1 and cannot participate in the Super Swiss. I would of course play in any regular tournament hosted by Promethean as well, but that isn't what I was referring to when I said i would be free the 20th.
  19. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

Ok a 1 vs 1 tourney organized by ourselves and run by ourselves would be fine. When do you you all want to do it? This Friday evening or on Saturday works for me.
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

OK, so we basically decided to have a Promethean only mini-tournament this Saturday (20 Sept) at 18:00 UTC. You will be expected to be on the Promethean teamspeak ~20 minutes before we start.
    A couple of questions:
    What tournament style do you want? We're thinking of going with Swiss, because it let's people play a couple of matches even if they lose. It'll be more fun for the ones not that experienced.
    Is the time good? 18:00 UTC is 19:00 in London and 20:00 in Sweden.
    Should we do sign-ups or handle the sign-ups just before the tournament starts?
    Please let us know if you can make it in this thread!
    Last edited: September 15, 2014