Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Anyone planing on entering Clopses' 2 v 2 tourney that's coming up?
  2. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Was not really planning on entering a tournament, but if you are thinking of entering i'll join you if you want.
  3. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Wow, great job recruiting new people lapsed. Had some great fun playing with them today :D The server is way more active now. One of them said i had a french accent though :(
  4. cdrkf

Well I should actually be available that weekend if you fancy giving it a go. From the thread I gather its 6pm utc (so 7pm BST in the uk).... want to sign us up?

I'll be available this weekend if you wana get some practice games in and I've got my mic problem sorted!
  5. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

yeah, sure. Uhm, i'll try to sign us up now. Mh, what should our team name be... I'm free this weekend too so some practice games would be nice.
    Last edited: April 4, 2014
  6. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

You will have to make an account on this site to join the team i made. Called it athena (The clan being called Promethean and all that you know :D) http://challonge.com/teams/athena . I have already added the team to the tournament so don't know if you really have to make an account, dunno, but would be nice i guess
    Last edited: April 4, 2014
  7. cdrkf

Hi, I think only one of us has to register (it doesn't list individual players, just the team names). So that's fine. I have an account on there (Clopse is a Spring player- we used this system loads for Spring tourneys, I won a couple actually ;) ). Are you going to be about this evening for some practice? Need to work on who's doing what if we're playing shared army 2 v 2 (I'm assuming it's shared army's, it doesn't say...)
  8. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

What is your name? I would like to add you anyways (just for the sake of it) and i have time for some games now, but not after 6 until sometime around 11,12 i think
  9. cdrkf

My name on there is the one I use on TA:Spring... 'PRO_Jazz' (I am in the 'PRO' clan for Spring, one of the reasons I liked Promethean). I don't have the option to join a team so I don't think the site is actually stating who the team members are (might be wrong). Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't really play anything right now (to be honest I shouldn't really be posting on here either!). I'll log onto the TS server later tonight then if you don't mind playing late.
  10. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Well, i just added you to the team. Don't know if you're going notice it on the site. Playing late is not a problem for me probably (depends on what i am going to do between 6-11, but i think i'll manage) Well have fun doing work anyways (hehehe)
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. cdrkf

Yeah I just saw (the system emailed me)... Ok I really need to actually do some work now! Hopefully catch you later, if not I should be around over the weekend anyway.
  12. cdrkf

Well for those not about earlier- Flop and I played in the Clopse 2 v 2 tourney and did pretty well.

We made it through to round 3- went out to El-ahrairah and pt4h in a pretty even match so I'm happy with that.

Need to make it at least 1 round further next time, also some of you other Promethean players need to enter- we can't let the Realm hog everything!
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  13. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Nice one! Good to see we're representing in tournaments.

I will start playing more, but a combination of upcoming exams and the fact I find the game soooo dull with current balance means I just ain't finding the time. I'll play more once the next patch hits, and LOTS this summer after official release.
    cdrkf and Murcanic like this.
  14. lapsedpacifist

Next patch looks excellent, and will hopefully come later this week.

Everyone ready to face me again? I'm gonna be back with a vengeance.
  15. cdrkf

The question is- are you ready for us?... We need to get you de-rusted from your hiatus lapsedpacifist!

Also is anyone thinking of entering the PACE 1 v 1 tournament in a couple of weeks?.. I'm thinking about it, not sure if I'll be available or not though yet.
  16. lapsedpacifist

Hmmm, if they've released the next balance patch and I've had time for a few games I might. Got exams starting in a month though so I might hold off from tournaments till they're done with.

Loving the friends list and messaging they've added in this update though!
    cdrkf and dala1984 like this.
  17. lapsedpacifist

Experimental builds are available through the new launcher!

Hope someone will join me for a few games this weekend, I'll have some time off on Sunday night.
  18. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

So....why is it that there are only me, guilty and puddin42596 are the only one's who are on the teamspeak and are actually playing?
  19. lapsedpacifist

I'm not playing much at the moment cos I'm A: very busy with upcoming exams and B: I'm pretty bored of the game with the current balance.
    I think because me and nero and flop etc played a lot in early beta, when to be honest the game was a lot more fun, we're just a bit put off by the T2 rush focussed play taking precedent over actual strategy.

I know I will start playing a lot more this summer when the balance improves and I have more time on my hands, I can't really answer for anyone else though. A lot of our members who joined early in the beta I haven't seen in months because they got bored, I guess testing unfinished games isn't to everyone's taste.
  20. cdrkf

I've tried a quick game on the new PTE build and its *much much* better.

We should all try and meet up for some games of the PTE. I should be able to get a game in later tonight hopefully. It's much more focused on T1- turrets are much weaker and the new 'Grenadier' bot is awesome, kinda like a 'hammer' from TA.

I know I haven't been on much- unfortunately life commitments mean I don't have much in the way of free time for anything really. I'll try to get on a bit more- also I've got a friend of mine looking at PA- I've directed him to our TS server so if you guys see a new guy in there be nice :) I don't know what on-line tag he'll be using as he's only just got a PC up and running (his last one died 5 years ago- I helped him assemble a new one last week).
    archcommander likes this.