Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. nerofearstar

nerofearstar Active Member

well i am up for some guys sat night and sunday night not to sure about tonight but il let u guys know later and as for training then we will get togther and figure owts whats best and where to go with it ok see u guys on the battle feild
  2. speneth

speneth Member

Sounds good. I'll be on right now for a while, so if anyone's looking for a game I'm on TeamSpeak.
  3. nerofearstar

nerofearstar Active Member

hey guys as we talked about training. right for those in team that find them selfs struggling we are gunna help as lap said some 1v1s and teach u that way i also think we need harbinger if ur about u can help as well on this and as for clan training then well 2v2 or us v whoever
  4. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I've been thinking about making our clan bigger and all. Kicking some live in it. Some things i think could help is to make a new thread since lancemich doesn't update the frontpage anymore. We could only make a new recruit thread and keep this as our discussion thread. But the point of this would be to have more updated information so people will bemore likely to join. Like having information about the teamspeak server at the frontpage instead somewhere in the middle of the thread would really help i think.

Edit: We do not have an official recruitment thread do we?
    Last edited: February 24, 2014
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

We should also keep the website updatet since finding information in this thread is kinda hard. It would keep things more organised i think. We should probably make someone website manager since archcommander pretty much acted as this before but can't do this anymore at this time.

Edit: Especially the player list should be updated. We should also make a list of non active members and active members
  6. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

7. speneth

speneth Member

I would be in that tournament, but I need to get better at the game first. I may as well enter anyways though. I have nothing to lose in that.
  8. speneth

speneth Member

Those are good ideas. We need to really update the website anyways.

Just as a thought, maybe we should make the website design look better?
  9. speneth

speneth Member

And with this training, if we keep talking about it, are we eventually going to do it? Not to sound impatient or anything but I think we're talking about it more than we should for planning it out.
  10. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I'm free all week, so just ask for it when you're online.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Like the idea to increase the number of players. So far cmdrflop seams to be the most active player, which is fine however with a slightly larger roster there should always be someone about to team up with / play against.

I'm also very happy to receive and give some training depending on circumstances (I think I'm at a level where I could give some useful advice to a beginner as my t1 game isn't bad, although I'm always happy to go against one of the stronger players to improve my game!).

One thing occurs to me- it would be possible for basic training to do it with 2 players and an AI: The instructor would simply delete their commander at the start and give advice as a spectator (as were only playing against an AI no problem there). Obviously the AI isn't as good as a real opponent, however it would be a brilliant way to brush up on the basic build queues and expansion and maybe practice some special builds for particular moves (i.e. work out the most efficient way to get off world, fastest build to reach an early nuke, quickest way to T2 air which I think Spaneth could give us some pointers, perhaps a Gil-E rush build and so on).

This way we could develop an arsenal of different attack plans in the bank which could be very handy in tourney games as you could really throw your opponent off guard with a never before seen curve-ball move! Once we have some more players we should also think about experimenting with multi player specific plays- I'll bet there some interesting combinations you could achieve with 2 players working on it and I'd be keen to explore the potential. Good co-ordination is what makes or brakes a strategy in team play so even working out some basics like how many labs you can support at what resource level would help (as in too many team games you see all players working as solo players in spite of the shared eco and the end result is just massive stalling).
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  12. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

The 2 v ai thingy was what we had planned, but i think it should be against another player in the clan if there is a third member online since it will be better practice, because ai players are still a bit random at the moment. Reacting to the tactic of the other player is a big part of getting better. Starting builds can ofcourse like you said just be practiced against ai though. Expansions should probably be practiced against other players since defending agaist harass is a important part of this and i do not think that the ai is very good at this.

I also think we are going to make some changes to the clan, more information on this in 2 days ;)

I like being mysterious :rolleyes:
  13. speneth

speneth Member

I noticed the gamma update post! I'm so excited!

*faints*
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Looks like their going to implement a much more comprehensive front end- hopefully with a chat lobby, channels and so on. Will make meeting up in game that much easier.

Now we need to get a Promethean chat channel on there asap (assuming that is what their doing!)...
  15. speneth

speneth Member

I've been waiting ages for multiplanet spawns. Glad they're implementing it now.
  16. speneth

speneth Member

Alliances! F**k yeah! No more sharing resources.
  17. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Sorry I haven't been around this week, I'm crazy busy with work at the moment. I might be on tomorrow for a while, and then I'll try to sink my teeth into the latest update properly this weekend.
  18. iscin

iscin New Member

Looking forward to the Gamma Update tomorrow. Will anyone be available to play with?
  19. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Sharing resources in team games can be quite handy if you don't screw up, but alliances would be nice playing with random teammates, i agree. (Not that i really do that anymore, just play 1v1 FFA or with clan members)
  20. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I'll probably be online, you should just check the teamspeak server. If anyone is up for a game you'll find them there