Problems MNC has to Face if it Wants to Succeed

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by NeoCyberman, May 27, 2011.

1. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I kind of agree with kotay here. The game does not retain players well. I suppose its the changes to the balance over time but...

According to the population graph we have about 160 people most of the time. I like this game much more than almost all of my current game collection. I just hate to see numbers like that.
  2. Goose

Goose Active Member

Just to add to thread, this game was successful. Uber did quite well in terms of sales and this game had tons of players for quite a while. At this point, I have no clue whether or not the game can see the same player base as before. There is absolutely no incentive for the old players to come back and I don't think the mod tools are going to change anything seeing as the large majority aren't going to bother even looking at them.

Not only that but I don't see a sequel to this game or another similar game by Uber doing nearly as good as this one. If people left MNC ultimately because they didn't like the game enough to continue playing it, it is going to suck trying to get them to buy a sequel or another similar game..

I'm really starting to believe that MNC needs way more new content (characters, professionally done maps, bots, gametypes, ect.) to start bringing people back and that may not even help much...
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Well when you put it that way I should probably change the topic title to "Things that should be done so MNC lasts"

I see what you are getting at. I do see the need for more modes within the means of not changing the roles of certain characters. I know there need to be more maps and maybe if mod tools come out there could be a map making contest every few months and the winner gets cleaned up.

That would be great. I just want there to be servers to play if not more servers to play in.

As a side note I love steel peel now. Only unexperienced people whine about steel peel.