Private Matches 2015

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by murkyduh, January 18, 2015.

1. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Paradox told me that taco might want to come back and play soon.
    leov1993 likes this.
  2. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

anything happenin this week/ton?
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Got another friend to get MNC. He's an old quake guy just like JupiterJonah so I'm not expecting too too much especially since he's not fond of third person shooters. Gonna try to teach him tank.
    naka333 likes this.
  4. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

I'll be on a little bit this week. Tom told me you were trying to get something going last Saturday but I was outta town.
  5. teapot

kinda last minute but will anyone be around tonight?

9pm or 10pm EST tonight

1. Teapot
    2. Weiner
    3. JPB3 - last time playing until mid june
    4. Disturbence
    5. Untouchable FGO2T
    6. Murky
    7. Satta
    8. Lead

maybes
    1. Gunked
    2. ChickenR3n
    3. GC2MT - constant flip-flopper
    4. Jonah

can't
    1. Yoshi
    2. RandomToon
    3. James Melledy
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
    naka333 and untouchablexp like this.
  6. teapot

I'm on my phone and can't edit properly, satta murky and lead should all make it, aiming closer to 10
    naka333 likes this.
  7. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

Don't forget to put me down for "can't".
    purplescratchy likes this.
  8. teapot

it's wild that we actually are able to get some matches together. Although some series sucked more than others we had like 4 or so series.
    naka333 likes this.
  9. purplescratchy

10. notgunkedcontrol

T
    leov1993 likes this.
  11. teapot

Anyone have some really good tank gameplays that good and not just a stomp? My friend Kill Domain is liking MNC so far after hating the demo and loves using the tank rail gun, like way too much. Being a quake guy he's actually doing pretty well with it hitting the squishy classes, but want to show him something more objective oriented.

also the dude works overnights so he won't be in PM's unless we happen to get one going on one of the nights he's off.
    naka333 and untouchablexp like this.
  12. murkyduh

murkyduh Active Member

Wut do u consider "good"?
  13. teapot

Anything that's a on host completely obvious slay fest wouldn't help. I see lots of tank gameplays that just shows too much slaying due to the other team having a weak lane.

So something that showcases maintaining your lane against a good team and has maybe some balanced back and forth pushes. I could use some slaying examples if they consist of varied ranges and weapon switches if that makes sense.. like charging and death blossoming an assault or sin that goes to get away and you switch to the rail gun, or clips that show how to bait other players as the tank. That's one thing that's hard to teach since not many games really allow you to bait in a similar fashion.

He's new so it should be more basic lane and obj work stuff rather than a top mid 22 minute stat whore video.

I looked through to find good tank gameplays earlier in the week and I sent him one of yours. I forget which one but it was somewhat stacked teams and your tank played some good defense despite the odds. The only issue is with no commentary it's tough to learn the thought process or even understand what's happening. He's played more though since then and has a better understanding of tank.
    naka333 likes this.
  14. purplescratchy

You should show him some of Gunked/Shammas/Your videos on tank
  15. notgunkedcontrol

I had a game the other night where I got a really good ball down while we had been pushed in lane and I had to play d the majority of the time I could upload.
    leov1993 likes this.
  16. feedle

feedle Post Master General

try randomtoons chan.. hes got tons of vids of tank game play where he does a good job of defending a lane
  17. teapot

if anyone has some ones they watched that are good then please feel free to upload or post them. I have a good number of tank games up but I'm looking for more of a textbook tank gameplay rather than anything where the tank decides to play for stats and trade offs rather then methodically push. I don't want an inexperienced players to pick up on overly aggressive habits.

I watched a gameplay of Shammas where he complains that his entire team isn't shooting the assassin, and he stays like top middle on steel peel railgunning everything. I think that would be very difficult for a new person to understand the balance of maintaining the lane (he left a lot of the bot work for goldielocks) and being able to support/slay when you have the room too. For example I explained how hard he can just body people near the landing on steel peel. He can jump down and product grenade/death blossom his lane and instantly go back up the pad to charge/burn more people.. rather than him get aggressive on kills, die, and attempt to clear up his lane on spawn.

All easy stuff for us, but I really don't feel theres many other games you can play that can help prepare you for the mentality needed for this game. Quake is a pure individual game, which is why I feel JupiterJonah is having issues following his gunner around and staying alive at the same time, or that he finds it difficult to find others and heal them as well. I think most aren't used to the balance of individual skill and team skill, even the people who have played for years have such a poor representation of team skill.
    naka333 likes this.
  18. leadlpmaster

Are we doing a match later today?
  19. teapot

I usually try to get 6-8 players who are down before i send out a bunch of texts. We can try something later tonight if a decent number of people will be on
    naka333 likes this.
  20. leadlpmaster

I'll be around later today if you get some people.