Private Match Community...again

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, April 9, 2012.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

whatever you say peachy, i'll meet you at the juice machines.

edit : Miniokory said he's played a couple and will give them another go.

just faced a decent sniper named Quickkills321. Got a good headshot on me each game, but he's no knives/zatchmo. He seemed to have a good competitive mindset and said he'd "love to" try them.
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Serbian. I am originally from Yugoslavia. I actually speak pretty well and don't have an accent, it is just a different sentence structure a lot of the time. I also stumble over words if I try to talk too fast because I can't always think of the right word in time. It is also a reason I edit my posts so much...
  3. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

Some input from my end:

-The trading idea (ie. swapping a player or two after every match) seems like a sound plan. Ideally, that could help keep the teams from staying unbalanced if team captains make bad choices during the draft.

-Let's try and avoid future incidents like the one brought up by Jon a few pages back. We're here to have fun and keep this game alive, no? Trash talking and joking around is perfectly fine (and a part of the fun for some), but we can't go screwing around with players if our team is completely dominating theirs. I understand it wasn't a mean-spirited thing, but actions like that make us look very immature. Consider it this way: we need to make a good impression on players if we plan on keeping this shindig running for a long time. Making bad impressions by doing things like that just makes people less inclined to participate in more private matches. Otherwise, we will have to start organizing 3v3 matches.

-Related to the above issue, perhaps the more experienced players should help team captains from making obviously bad choices for their teams. Keeping the teams as balanced as possible helps keep the match interesting, and makes it far less likely for anything silly to occur like the above example.

-Concerning my involvement in the above match, I didn't participate within the "bullseye-banging", but I still helped drag the match out all the same. I apologize to any of my fellow gamers I may have offended as a result of that.

That's my two cents.
    Last edited: April 13, 2012
  5. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

If youse guys want to recruit i suggest checking the top 50 of the weekly leaderboards and write down some of those names which appear. Trust me with a little knowledge and guidance under someones wings they can be just as good or if not better then some people.

But the main problem is a lot of the newer players are scared of the 10th prestiege mnc player.

Play some more pubs solo and split up looking for some people who give you a go.

I know you all like the private matches and they get fun etc but if you want to build this community back you need to get more people interested and wanting to make a team.

Remember when there was beam? taco? cor? teg? gp? des? oxy?
    Those were teams.. not all of them were stacked and they had fun playing together.

Split your all star teams up, find some people and expand.

Have fun... get your team in stone and get the aggression competitiveness out.

You're not always going to find players like knives because knives is gifted to gaming. But im sure if you keep looking theres people who love this game just as much as you and want to play with the big boys.
  6. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

I'm on the host list, but not the player list.

Lolwut?
  7. teapot

snack do you want to be on either? the list is still missing a lot of people. I have to go look at a couple peoples friends lists to get a full roster.

Disturbance.. nicely put. Those are good ideas and I think we'll start implenting them. There are a lot of steps we can take to help balance teams. I don't have an objection to using a drafted teammates opinion on drafting. It takes the captain status away but if it helps with balance I'm all for it. Rotating players is either hit or miss. Sometimes you have an uneven number of players around the same skill. So it will take a good amount of effort but chron's idea is pretty nice.

We need to make more of an effort to end games. Assassin/Assault should be getting taps, but if they die it's up to anyone else to get a tap even if it means dying.

Feedle, I'll normally check those but a lot choose not to play. I've gotten a couple from there though. With recruiting, I'm trying to also help the players improve. Giving them tips n breaking down the metagame, etc. I'll always pub alone since that's the only way to not have people quit out at the sight of a jackbot. Unfortunately we won't ever get back to a stage where all those teams were around. There were a couple who were clans or groups of friends that came from other games. At this stage in the games life, I find that it's just individuals who buy the game.

I purposely didn't ask MLG, Kckzi, Chron to team because I wanted to give others a shot. Realisitcally I want to start a team that's of complete noobs. Players who rarely play matches or are very new.
  8. aflyingtaco

aflyingtaco Member

they don't want to recruit people who might be better than them so they can continue making ubies threads
  9. teapot

I'm no longer responding to troll posts. They're all so stupid and always from the same people who for some reason just can't stand the idea of private matches. Is there some bitterness because the 360 forum is dead and that the majority of the people who post here are private match players?

Troll posts are getting reported here on out.
  10. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Edited in a few people and spelling mistakes. The people who I haven't put a class next to are the people who have only played a few games with me and I can't remember what classes they play :oops:
  11. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

For starters smelly i didnt see my name on the list.

Second off if we just did the MNC CIVIL WAR there would be like 2 teams with 40 people on it each and it would never be a problem starting a PM. and the 2 CEO's of each team recruit higher skilled players by offering them spots on there A team or a prefferd class on there B team. while recruiting random pubs and training them and playing class D team pms and watch them progress. (FOR EXAMPLE)^

and peachy quit being smelly {slap} nuff nuff
  12. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

I edited in some people who weren't on the list (including you) so there are a few more people added to it now (around 50 now).

MNC CIVIL WAR sounds interesting. Could be fun if the team captains pick right.
  13. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

for the leaders im thinking ME TPAIN SHAMASS MIRACLE CHRON WILDMAN we just need to know who really wants to dedicate time and which leaders want to be together.. or we could throw those names in a hat and pick that way.

and its not drafting wildman its more just recruiting! get it? hard to explain i guess
  14. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Recruiting wouldn't be fair at all. I'd just send a message to the top 5 people asap and then all the other teams would be screwed :lol:

If you had 2 captains who knows everyone they could pick the teams fairer than just recruiting (is it going to be 2,3,4,5 or 6 captains?). Would be easier if a few of us got into party chat tonight to see if we can get something going.
  15. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

I will be on at 10est
  16. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

I might be on, but won't be able to speak :( If we get a few people in a party I could just Fbook you if you have your computer / laptop / phone handy.
  17. teapot

If you guys want to go through with it, go for it. It's a good idea, but I don't know how well it would work. It should have better sucuss than the draft tourney, but I honestly don't know how much more we could do than have a thread and a GT dedicated to private matches.

I'd rather not have to go through the process of recruiting/drafting.. (I think a draft would work better) but if I have to I will.

It's fairly easy to balance 12 players out, but it's going to be difficult to balance out 50 players in a way where each team has enough of each class and players who are able to get on enough.

There are players who are the usual captains in matches. Although there will be captains, I think some of the more experienced players should split themselves evenly and take it from there. Sorta like co-captains or basically the "owners" of the team. Leaving all that up to one person is gonna be a bitch.
  18. joker

joker Active Member

Get back to us when you create this underrated superstar nobody team and my associates will arrange something, thanks. In the meantime we will do what we enjoy, playing this game, while you and the rest of the paparazzi continue to follow us around
  19. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

You mean something like we could get 6 captains, split them up randomly into 2 teams (1 being the main captain and the others to help) and they could all pick alternately between all 6 of them? Kinda hard to explain.
  20. aflyingtaco

aflyingtaco Member

Looks like I hit a nerve there, sorry :oops:

also, paparazzi take photos, I don't see any photos of you uploaded