Private Match Community...again

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, April 9, 2012.

1. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

A really good support and a really good gunner shouldn't be captains. Supports are generally picked last and Gunners are first, so it would be an unfair advantage for the gunner captain.
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Glad I could make you laugh. I admit I am pretty "special" at times with how I phrase things :lol:
    In my defense English is not my native language.

The juice machines are turned back on too, we just set them to not go off until the 23 minute mark...
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

@ wildman, in that case no it wouldn't be ideal, but how often does it happen? Equal skill seems to work better, and generally I don't think a support or an assassin should be captains. A skilled multi-class player could then choose assassin/support but at least the teams are still balanced. I think there's a lot of criteria involved..

No bias/Equal Skill/Class Oriented Picks/Knows Majority of players.
  4. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

5. teapot

guys! look guys! Everyone no seriously guys! LOOK! Peachy's got a new signature guys! really look! isn't it funny? right? guys... right? guys... :cry:
  6. RandomToon

You are welcome for the new signature. I have made a couple of those for people recently :lol:
  7. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

backpedal, backpedal, backpedal
  8. teapot

I don't really expect you to comprehend much anyway. Just like PM's a lot of this is way over your head. I'm not trolling you into playing matches anyway, since even if hell froze over and you wanted to play, chances are it'll be my lobby and that being the case we can agree on one thing, it's not worth the time.
  9. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

signature edited
  10. teapot

sweet, moving on...

there are still players to add to this list and the gamertag as well. I still have people to ask who did well in pubs. This RueTagosius (knave correceted me on spelling last time but I forgot) looks like he claws gunner and tank which is good. He's probably one of the few experienced players left that would be able to hold their own.
  11. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

For the past year I've heard that every private is unbalanced and the pm regulars are the ones who have said this.
  12. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

A few of the matches are stacked yeah. Those are normally the matches where there isn't a captain. Now that we do captains, pretty much all of the matches are fair now.
  13. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

usually when you have that many egos in one lobby everybody has their own agenda they're trying to push
  14. RandomToon

Yeah, much better with captains. There are a few where they just get lop sided, but usually that is because there are new (to the captain) people in the lobby and they are hard to place. It is usually fixed pretty quickly.
  15. teapot

dale since you don't care to find out for yourself unfortunately all you have to go off of is what people "say".

you've never been in lobbies I host, where we always try to make teams fair and balanced.

dale, peachy... all we need is deadeye and drizzy drake to come in here and talk about matches that you never try.
  16. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

i don't need to play to know your internet personalities
  17. joker

joker Active Member

half this thread is cluttered with crap, mostly from people who dont play PMs. now thats irony

two better players hand picking fair teams opposed to captains makes better balance sense, one captain almost always fvcks up a pick that kills the balance, or there is an odd number of primary slayers which can only be balanced by giving the short stick team majority of the remaining support/bot classes and not splitting them evenly.

new hand picked example:
    team 1: miracle, kckzi, gunked, ok tank, ok/rookie support, rookie assassin (balance)
    team 2: chron, teapot, ok slayer, good tank, veteran assassin, smart support (balance)

old way:
    team 1: miracle, kckzi, gunked, good tank, ok assassin, support (heavy favorite)
    team 2: chron, teapot, ok slayer, ok tank, ok assassin, ok support (obvious underdog)

thoughts?

edit: only problem with this if any, i suppose is "hurt feelings" since we would be essentially be picking who we think is better than others, but if its for the sake of balance and better games, i can only hope people can deal with it, or just prove us wrong and improve competitiveness in that manner as well. you get the idea
  18. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

this community will never learn how to organize itself. too many egos trying to run the show.
  19. The_Jeff

The_Jeff New Member

When games are unbalanced it is usually because there is an uneven amount of good slayers, not because we are trying to stack teams. Dale we don't bother you about being a N!G, don't talk to me about playing privates. Peachy your trolling really lost it's touch.
  20. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

ITT: trolls complaining about trolling