Pre-Faction 3 Reveal Faction Name Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, December 5, 2013.

1. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

A lot of them are much more similar to the existing factions as well.

E.g. the foundation...

To me, (on a serious note), the faction speaks of evolution - machines "out evolving" biology. I really do feel that the name should reflect the overarching conflict between machine and biology/
  2. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Im not german, but yea. There aren't many languages out there that convey the same efficiency, brutal power and pragmatism as German, although i'd like to broaden it to germanic, not just german.
  3. Hascins

Hascins New Member

Everything I think of in german sounds weired to me...but I'm gonna post it anyway just to inspire someone.

what about

Jenseits von Eden

I't means...something like beyond eden, it refers to the afterlife. And this faction wants to create something beyond biology something beyond the eden as the cradle of mankind.

Unfortunately there is a romantic movie "east of eden" that has the same title ;)
  4. arsene

arsene Active Member

A German design, powered by hate.
  5. sargeantpig

sargeantpig New Member

The Callous Condemners.

Callous because they're heartless machines, 'cold' in their venture to condemn all biological life to death.

The Axiom Liberators.

Axiom because they have a principle that they believe in without question, to liberate all organisms from life.
    Also Liberator works here because they believe that they are doing the right thing, so in their minds they're liberating the universe.
  6. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

what about:
    Faction:
    -Societ of Pure Machines
    Leader:
    -MadaLok, The First(or)One(or)Supreme
    (name=original-> oh,wait, Mad+Loki)
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

What about the Darlaks?

Edit: The Darwinistic Lex?
  8. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

I wonder what Uber thinks of all the suggestions we gave them.

The new update really pushed this off the front page...this needs a sticky for sure.
  9. deleter8

deleter8 New Member

What about something simple but with chilly undertones, like "The Cleanse"?
  10. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Yeah, this topic needs a sticky or else it will disappier into the depths of the forum.:p

Most people already gave their suggestions, so this thread is sorta dead.

I don't think many people want to discuss reducing the name suggestions to a reasonable number.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

the Uranus-mission com
  12. omniao

omniao Active Member

I am studying Latin... (Plus I know a bit of Greek)
    Bio Machinis (Life by means of Machines)
    Like a Ark of life faction that strives to preserve a "Ark of the covenant" which has a index of all DNA on the planet of the organics that built the machines. They will destroy any other biologic life to recreate their ancestors and assimilate them into the machine-utopian society...
    Occupatoram Monstrum (Occupants of the Monster)
    This faction tries to destroy all biologic life, occupying the monster that biologic life is.
    Invina Pax (Invincible Peace)
    Pacis Machina (Peace machine)
    This faction loves peace but hates biologic entities. It continues to think that all biologic life must be eliminated for peace.
    Malum Mortis (Evil Death)
    A faction that will do anything to kill the enemy. (biologic life) Even if it resorts to barbaric options...
    Mercuram Exercitus (Mercury Army)
    You know what I mean.
    Last edited: December 18, 2013
  13. gfoyle

gfoyle New Member

The Confederation of Core (we can miss spell it, Corr if needed right?)

leader name: Core Or Core Program Director

"Peace comes through dominance"

Think of it as any other collection of programs, Core is the Primary Program while his other commanders take secondary roles. I am sure that some one who acctually knows something about programing can put it more eloquently than I, but I think thats a good start.

I understand every ones thoughts on the chemistry ideas, but mabey take this perspective for a spin.
    Last edited: December 19, 2013
  14. atharol

atharol Member

Faction Name: Titanium Seven
    Leader Name: SupremuZ

Quote:
    The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faction Name: Frequency-14 (Frequency fourteen)
    Leader Name: Artifact Intelligence Zero (AI-Z)

Quote:
    War is never right, It just determine who is left.
  15. ninjagrey1

ninjagrey1 New Member

I am going to say the best name for this faction is "The Techno Order".

This name fits because technology wants to rule, or put everything in order by eliminating organic life. Additionally this gives the connotation that there is a religious fervor to this sect which is implied by the description of this faction. They are the Nazi equivalent in the robotic universe with organic life being their heretic.

Would make for some awesome paint jobs and a unique differentiation later. Think German architecture during the second world war, and how if left to influence a a robotic race would have made them look in the game. Zeppelin like units, and such.