Pre-Faction 3 Reveal Faction Name Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, December 5, 2013.

1. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

It's been my favorite word for a while, Immaculate, adjective -> noun and you get Immaculation.

The Immaculation.

That without flaw or blemish.

As for the Commander's name, I think that's where a nod to the CORE would be good. The name CORE describes that faction's location in the galaxy, as in, at the core of the galaxy.

Nexus, Singleton, Singularity, Cortex are all I can think of.

On the more overbearing side: Overlord, God, Crux, Keystone, Overmind, Autarch, Queen, Beelzebub.
    Bastilean likes this.
  2. Stormie

Stormie Active Member

Vote 1 "The Purge" :D
    quigibo likes this.
  3. Basroks

Basroks New Member

The Antibiotic
    z4c, stormingkiwi and FXelix like this.
  4. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Faction 1
    A war faction prepairing for the comming of the progenitors. Faction has Roman names an a roman military structure.
    Faction Leader: Invictus
    Faction name: Legonis Machina’s

Faction 2
    This is a religious faction that wants to spread there believes across the universe. Not believing is not acceptable.
    Faction leader: Inquisitor Nemicus
    Faction name: The Foundation

Faction 3
    This faction wants to create an robotic utopia and wipe out all organic life.
    Faction leader: Unknown
    Faction name: Unknown

Faction 4
    No description as of yet.
    Faction leader: Unknown
    Faction name: Unknown

There will only be 4 Factions.

I can see confilict between faction 1 and 2 because faction 2 will never back down from their believes. I can also see confilict between Faction 2 and 3 because faction 2 worships life and faction 3 destroyes it. But I can see faction 1 and 3 working together because their interests do not interfere with each other.

Already suggested names:
    Leader:

Nucleus, Kernel, Crux, Substance, Fundamental, Axiom 0(zero), Anomaly, T'cell (biological pun on T-Cell), Horizon, Singularity, Riki-chi (力知 Power/wisdom/mechanical), Satoshi (聡 Wise/quick-learner), Salvatus Primus (The First Savior), Prime, Arbitir, Magatorn, Megas, Omega Thenron, Tarook(last Shadow), Primum, Vendetta, 1 of 20, Unit_0001, Forgotten Signal, Belligerent, Cyroth, Kanata, Bismuth, Devastator, Tritius, Lister, Mechron, Synthe, Cero, Ceromar, Array, Sync, Rectify, Code, The Soverigen, Kai, Augutus, Atsushi, Toshio, Kolya, Nikita, Irma, Theda, Chiyo, Noriko, Anastassia, Manya, Ingot, Ironsmith, Ferrite, Prefect Kelvin, Perfection, Firehouse, Lothar, Forge, Ragnar the Stainless, Synchronous, Vita Annulo (life annihilation in latin), Vita Deleo (deleo may means deletion or annihilation), The First, T.U.G.O.M.(The Ultimate Goal of Machines), Exterminesis, Blackhammer, Fireside, Bioillogicus, Deleter Erom, Bastion, Barrier, Imperative, CORE.

Faction:
    Perfecta a Machina, The Conjunction, Shangri-la, The Doctrine, Paradigm Eden, Supra, Eromites, Oblivion,
    Order, Vestige, Sentinal, Array, Ward, Seido (制度 'system'), Uchū-heiwa-iji-gun (宇宙平和維持軍 'Space Peace Corps'), U.E.S. (Utopian Emirates of Steel), Mechanox Oblirator, Heirs to Elysium (isles of the blessed), Dawnlight, The Collective, The Reichm, UberMechanik, Machina Supremecy, The Synchronous Fall, The Grid, Exterminus Collective, The Slayer Collective, Industrial Belligerency (from belligerent "to wage war), The ancient Corps, Triga, Manus opprimus. (Crushing hand), Ignis machinas (machines of fire), Debuggers, The Exchangor's (from exchange), The Varie (Vary), The Deperi (2 Mixed Languages Means The molders), The Exstinctor (2 mixed languages The destroyers), Solidarity, Order of the Tranquil, League of Pacification, Synchronous, Confederation of Peace, Unity, Union of Free Machine, Coalition, Commune, The Machinist Movement, The Scourge, Oculon, , The Mechatopians., The Mechatopes, The Unified Machine, The Macrolathe, Inorganic Supremacy, The Conchords, Legion of Machine Utopia, Legion of Machine Population, The Ubernet(work), Formation of Machine Supremacy, Protectorate of Tech, Array, Reapers, Confederation, Coalition, Red Fraction, Unified Cluster of Absolution, Pure Metal Momentum, United Cores, Serenity, Divinity, Exterminatus, Terminatus, The Iron Scourge, Iron Successors(successors to the progenitors), Silicon Successors(successors to the progenitors), League of Pacification, The Stainless Legion, Iridium Legacy (Iridium most corrosion resistant metal known), Titanium Supremacy, Atomic Platinum WarMachines, Emundans Collective(means Purifier Collective), The 13, Unified Machines for Perfection, Perfection Protectorate, Robot's Republic of Perfection, Fascist Fabbers, The Golden Forge, Paradise Hammer, The Scions of Fire, The Haven Machine, Machine Heaven, The Immunity, The Paragon, Uldentari, The Immaculation, The Antibiotic, Purifier Collective.

The names I like are in bold.

I like the idea of this faction being successors of the progenitors.

EDIT:
    Some Commander names can be seen as faction names and the other way around.
    Last edited: December 6, 2013
    angryweaponx likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

most the stuff that goes with perfection is to cliche imo
    and the naming shouldnt be so painfully obvious
    however i do like the stainless steel idea or the use of elements
    someone mentioned iridium legacy .. that has a real nice touch to it ... because it gives a nice sense of longevity and consistensy
  6. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

wait, Reaper and The Soverigen was a joke of Mass Effect...
  7. smandy

smandy New Member

I'm going to go for a pun on the elements. Commander name: Tai. (Based off of Ti, for Titanium)

I'm going to go for something like...

"Order of the Flame" for the faction.

Reasoning? Titanium is the strongest metal we know of, it is strong, hard, and good as a working metal.

As for the flame... Fire is considered destructive, yes. It's the best way to destroy organic material, enough fire can destroy anything. But, it's also a cleansing force. Once you've wiped clean, you have something to build up from again. It's like a Phoenix thing. "We Rise from the Ashes of life, An immutable Bastion against the entropy of evolution."
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

And The Grid is a joke on Tron! (I made that one myself too!)

And THAT is a joke on Inception!
  9. nukem266

nukem266 New Member

Eden Evolution Core - EEC

Utopia Evolution Core - UEC

Utopian Singularity Core - USC

I like the idea we should pay homage to TA Core
  10. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

Nice Idea, this could present the robots very nice, but not exactly this name maybe...
  11. kingtordur

kingtordur New Member

The Robocracy
    Robocracy
  12. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

I really like these.
  13. rippsblack

rippsblack Member

Faction Name(s):
    Collected Conscious
    The Collective

Leader Name(s):
    Hephaestus
    Primus
  14. zerommo

zerommo New Member

Have you thought about using asbestos on the name? It is the perfect industrial material for so much stuff but is forbidden because it is lethal to life! Seems to fit pretty good with the theme.
  15. Telvi

Telvi Member

Correct me please if I'm wrong but is the name of the leader now fixed as Commander Metrarch??

Yesterday it was a different name

So that means we need only to find a Faction name like the name of the thread says
  16. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

I'm pretty sure this is aimed at my little collection. I don't care where it comes from only that is it a name we can use. If they hare copyright I'm pretty sure Uber will check for it.

I played Mass Effect and I have seen Tron so I know where they orienated from, but I don't care. The Collective is most likely derived of The Borg Collective from Star Trek.

I toke a quike glance at the list and I see a lot of names that are familiar, most names have an Origin (pun intended). But the important thing is that that name is fitting for the faction and sounds right.
    1 of 20: Star Trek (7 of 9)
    Cero: Bleach (anime)
    Prime: Transformers
    Vendetta: V for Vendetta
    Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Confederation: Star Trek (derived from it)
    Exterminatus: War Hammer 40k
    Red Fraction: Red Faction (Game)
    Serenity: Serenity (Movie same name)

On an other note:
    Must all member of a Clan be in the same Faction? The obvious answer is, yes. But I am unsure.

EDIT:
    Shouldn't this topic be stickied? Because it is kinda importent, hn?
    Last edited: December 6, 2013
    mered4 likes this.
  17. shokker888

shokker888 New Member

Perfect Equilibrium
  18. agrivatdmexican

agrivatdmexican New Member

if the commanders name is still up i really like the name supra.
  19. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

commander name: Brad (iron arms) Nicholson
    Faction name: collective community ;)

all joking aside,
    commander name: Genesis
    Faction name: Order of Renewal
  20. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

It was Erom.
    I'm just glad I got my "EPROM Erom of the E Prompt" joke in before they changed it!