Post-DLC Favorite Map

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, December 13, 2010.

?

Post-DLC favorite map

1. Hate them all

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Love them all

12 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. Spunky Cola

46 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Grenade III

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Steel Peel

8 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. LazeRazor

50 vote(s)
    37.0%
  7. Ammo Mule

12 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Grenade is a terrible map.
    I wouldn't miss it one bit if it was removed from the game.

Lazerazor however is beyond awesome, my favorite.
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Whyyyyyyy :cry:
  3. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Too many ejectors, lanes spread way apart.
    Top "level" is nothing but a place for assault and snipers to camp jumpads with bombs/traps

Very little cover, wide lines of sight.

Grenade feels more like a minigame of "avoid ejectors and pad traps while being sniped at" then MNC
  4. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I dislike Spunky so much :( But I love Steel Peel, even if I AM the only vote for it, I still love it. I just have to work harder around the angles now to get my kills as compared to before but a challenge is good. Though the extreme map changes with higher walls and random glass ones on different/most maps TOTALLY felt like the entire game got an uber Sniper nerf which makes me sad :( Though most people on the forums who've played with me have only seen me go Assassin who I think got a decent buff and she's a little different to play now. My favourite Assassin map is GrenadeIII and second overall fave is LazeRazor since it's fun as just about any class.
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

That's what makes it fun :D I think I've gotten all of my ring outs from ejectors on that map. If you ever see me there I'm basically lunging back and forth between lanes and constantly ejecting anything and everything :lol:
  6. faits

faits New Member

They're for the janitorial staff to clean all the pigeon poop off the outside of the stadium.
  7. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

Already been mentioned in here but, can you guys do something about those back ledges behind the proper map along the spawn area in Spunky Cola? I've been noticing with more and more with unnerving frequency players who can float/fly have been creeping along it to hit the teams from the rear.

I tried it a few times myself in pub games and it just ruins the flow of the map.
  8. An Artic Fox

An Artic Fox New Member

I would say Spunky...but the bouncer spam during gameplay ruines that map! because on certain key on this keyboard wont work I have to misspell it! LaserRasor!
  9. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

That's probably one of my favorite parts of Spunky.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

:lol:
    That was great.
  11. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

My favorite is Spunky Cola.
    I hate AmmoMule.

I like the rest :mrgreen:
  12. quidmonkey

quidmonkey New Member

Love Laze & Spunky. Laze is great cuz it takes away the long distance. Spunky for the intensity.

Dislike Steel & Ammo Mule. If both teams are close in skill, the maps are fun. Most of the time they aren't. On Steel, once the better team takes the upper level (which usually happens within the first min), it's over, & the opposing team is stuck in their base the entire match - not fun. On Ammo, once the better team takes the center pavilion, it's a juice fest - not fun.

G3 also suffers from this some, but even a good team has a hard time holding both flanks.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i actually really like ammomule after hating it for so long, i dont know why.

ammomule
    spunky
    lazerrazor
    steelpeel
    grenade 3

grenade is pretty much you being pinned in or you pinning in. very rarely is there any intense mid-ground battles.
  14. zodbones

zodbones New Member

Spunky cola would have to be my favorite.Old favorite was LazeRazor.

It's fast, chaotic, messy, and makes me thirsty lol

but most of all it just seems the most balanced.

The least balanced in my opinion might be Grenade and Steel peel. Not saying they are, just sayin it feels like it.
    I think it has to do something with supports classes or angles of certain parts of the map.
  15. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

1. LazeRazor
    2. Spunky
    3. Grenade III
    4. Ammo Mule
    5. Steel Peel

I still hate Steel Peel, even after the patches and balancing.
  16. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I have to take back my earlier response.

I like all maps. On Spunky, I love playing tank, I love misusing my firebase on Steel Peel and Grenade, dish out the headshots on AmmoMule and deploy my Gunner on LazeRazor. When I get bored with either of them, I go kill some bots and turrents with the assassin, but assault is more of my all-around clone.

Fun thing is, I have been MVP with all the aforementioned classes. It's really fun to be mediocre at everything, I guess.
    Haven't really tried a competitive private match yet, though. I'm pretty sure I'd get my *** kicked :lol:
  17. Blue Jess

Blue Jess New Member

I voted spunky cola because it's very easy to go and cause chaos behind enemy lines as an assassin :lol:
  18. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

SPUNKY! SUPPORT! <3333
  19. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

LazeRazor for me is just smoke bomb heaven for me. No matter where I am and what kind of trouble I'm in, there's always someplace to jump to and tell your pursuer GG no re.
  20. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

1. Spunky Cola
    2. LazeRazor
    3. Grenade3
    4. SteelPeel
    5. Ammo Mule

The issue I have with SteelPeel and Ammo Mule is that it's really easy for a good team to get high ground overlooking your top spawn ring and then pin you in your base for the remainder of the game. On SteelPeel that's the bridge where your top spawn ring jump pad lands, on Ammo Mule that's top dome.

Personally, I would like to see the bases made more defensible so that the difficulty rises the closer you are to your objective (as long as it doesn't end up disincentivizing offensive play). Right now the difficulty decreases significantly after one team establishes map control, particularly on the two aforementioned maps with high ground overlooking the top spawn rings.