Possible Suggestion - Custom Commander Commissions

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by brandonpotter, September 17, 2014.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Been thinking this idea over for a while, and this would possible take place AFTER the majority of the custom Commanders ARE RELEASED, And Version 1.0 (And its afterparts for bugfixes and feature implementations)

What do you guys (Fans and Uber) think of Custom Commander Commissions? (aka CCC) For those who could not afford ($1000), or donate in time to get their own custom commanders from the kickstarter?

I beleive this would be a grand idea, as not only would it allow for a new revenue for Uber, but it would also give people the chance to have more Commander skins in their games :)

If you want to voice your opinions, Please keep it civil.

Pros and Cons of CCC
    Pros
    More Revenue for Uber (Commissions, and people buying new Commanders)
    New Commanders for Players to play with.

Cons
    Considerable Workload for Uber
    Last edited: September 18, 2014
    kjotak109 likes this.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It is certainly a possibility, but it's not nearly as Black&White as you make it out to be.

Mike
  3. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I know its a considerable amount of work on Ubers part. Tis why I said that it would be something to consider for after the main features are out, and the majority of the Kickstarter Commanders are done.
  4. KNight

And yet you don't really mention it yourself up front but it is a very important thing to consider. Even the best case scenario, where an artist is hired to ONLY work on Custom Commanders is fraught with serious potential issues that need serious consideration.

Mike
  5. darktactics

darktactics Member

How about a mod pachage that allows you to create custom skins/custom commanders. even if its only for offline/AI skimishes it would still give players their own commanders in some way. I would be suprised if commander mods like don't appear pretty quickly after the game offline mode gets finished.
  6. KNight

That's just modding in general, from my understanding there wouldn't need to be anything specifal done to make Commanders be moddable.

Mike
  7. darktactics

darktactics Member

I take it what you would like is perhapes many people having their own unique commanders, so that there is more individuality. Like characters in an RPG. Easy to recognise on the battlefield in team group battles.

Having a decent price would definitly raise a good bit of revenue. I can see people wanting commanders that only they can play with. Sort of padge of pride type thing.