Population increasing ideas?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Lyrae, April 15, 2011.

1. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

BTW notice the time left on Uncle Tullys FUNLAND its decreasing its 00:04 now, i remember taht it was 00:08 before 4 days. So OHAI update
  2. DEPLOY

DEPLOY New Member

What's even more disappointing is that the staff only seem to answer what they want to answer, they must of read all these threads asking about updates and setting up manuals and stuff but only answered one topic about hiding HUD. I fear the update will be too little too late. G3 needs a huge change to be anything but terrible for everyone except snipers (and pro players), loads of bug fixes and glitches and balance changes.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Most classes have 3 out of 5 maps designed for them.

Also, from the looks of it, I daresay Funland won't be sniper-strong.

Therefore, can't you just let snipers have their silly G3? It isn't like assassins and assaults don't work just as broken. If I were you, going against a hard sniper on G3, I would bomb-jump perches all the time. If he can quickscope headshot you every time, he is a hacker (I have seen aimbots that don't work that well).
  4. DEPLOY

DEPLOY New Member

I can't play assault for anything lol I'm terribad at it and I find assassin quite boring, I prefer tank or gunner but they are awful on G3 if they have a good sniper. Also there are aimbots which miss on purpose and have fluid motion to make it more realistic, they are almost untraceable as you'll just think they're a good sniper.

Which maps would you say are designed for gunner then? Maybe Spunky and Ammo Mule?
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Spunky is good for dog-pyle style gunfights, but I was talking more about lazorrazor. Snipers are garbage, and gunners just gotta keep turning corners quicky on enemies, maybe fly along top of walls a little bit, and give lots of suprise butsects.
  6. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Let's see... Class strategies by map.(maybe useful for future map development):

Ammo Mule:
    -Gunner can use the rooftop to mortar spam from the far side of the roof, granting him near complete safety from his target. Plenty of cover to pop out of and mow people down with the minigun before hiding again.
    -Assault can use his mobility and GL in much the same way - avoid combat using cover, then pop out, kill, and retreat.
    -Few places are difficult to get to, making assassinations somewhat difficult/unsafe. Assassins can hold the outer edges, but a gunner can mow them down if they aren't careful. Can juice in OT from outside the base, however.
    -Tank has trouble getting close enough to targets without crossing open areas, making him a target. He can hold the center down if played well, though, but the edges are gunner territory.
    -Sniper is easy to reach with an Assassin, and mortar spam makes camping easily countered here.
    -Support can use the bridges to hide their firebase, but the center allows for easy flanking. Can be effective, but needs help.

Grenade III:
    -Sniper. lulz. Everyone seems to think this map is a bouncy castle for some odd reason.
    -Assassin, save for the lighting issues, can use the center platform to zip from one fight to another, backstabbing and slashing bots along the way. Incredible potential here.
    -Gunner has plenty of cover to move up with before spinning up and popping out to unload on pros and bots. Mortal spam is also possible here, but only from the upper level, lest the bridges take some of the flak.
    -Support synergizes very well with Gunner here. Lots of places to drop a firebase that has excellent cover, can drop it, clear forward, move up, repeat. Able to camp the bot spawn as well, and holding that position with an overhealed Gunner or Tank is cake.
    -Assault is forced to use cover quite a bit here to avoid minigun/mortar/railgun spam. His bomb can ring-out quite easily, as can charge2/3 vs medium and light classes. GL can't be spammed at turrets from long range without exposing yourself, unlike the mortar.
    -Tank plays similarly to Gunner here, but needs to hug cover even more due to snipers. Without a good sniper to hold him down, he can move up the field quite well thanks to chokepoints under the bridge. Watch for gunners up top/behind bridges.

LazeRazor:
    -Tank is a beast here. Plenty of short, narrow areas where the tank can surprise foes and roast them quickly. Many areas can be hit with the JetGun from the upper level as well. Turrets can be railgun spammed.
    -Gunner is also a force to be reckoned with here for the same reason, though the tank has the upper hand in many 1v1 confrontations on the lower level. Stick to the upper deck for a clear view of what's coming, and mortar the bottom.
    -Assault can seriously hurt light and medium classes here. Lots of cover and places to reach with hover make him almost more mobile than the Assassin in this arena. Fewer ring-out opportunities in the center/bases here, though.
    -Support is equally effective thanks to lots of places for firebase nests. A pair of those in the middle can hold down both bot lanes and provide a forward base for teammates. Airstrikes are easily avoided here.
    -Sniper can hold down the outer lanes, but is highly vulnerable to mortar fire here. A keen eye will allow headshots through the various bits of cover, but only if the target is standing still or moving in a uniform manner.
    -Assassins have plenty of places to watch you from. (aka upper level Assassin is watching you herp derp). They also have plenty of places to hop down at you and backstab you from, and plenty of places to retreat from. Tanks and firebases are their biggest threat here, but cover allows for lots of safety when backstabbing.

Spunky Cola:
    -Sniper can cover a large chunk of their side of the map from the rear bridge, as well as portions of the middle bridge. The annihilator is dangerous here for that reason. Difficult to push up into enemy territory here, though capturing their bridge is possible (but dangerous).
    -Gunner can spray bullets like mad beneath the center bridge, though he can be a target for snipers if not careful. Mortars are very effective against both enemy snipers and the entire lower level here. Watch for snipers if you stand on the pillars.
    -Tanks are effective near walls here, but lots of open space means lots of chasing your target. They can be very effective up top for this reason, and they can also get into your base to get at your turrets this way.
    -Support can plant firebases near corners here, but a single tank/gunner can wipe it out again. Still, it can catch players off-guard if placed under the middle bridge, and can be an effective guard for the upper level bridge.
    -Assassins can kill off bots before they even cross the spawn bridge if nobody pays attention. (I DO THIS OFTEN. wtf people, wake up ffs. You wonder why your turrets are gone...) A Rockit placed in the backfield can hold them off, but without a Support to heal it Shuriken will take it down. Open space means difficult backstabs.

Steel Peel:
    -Snipers can fire through the chokepoints for easy/lucky headshots, and the center ring grants a viewpoint on both entrances to the enemy base between the pillars, plus forward cover when needed - watch your flanks here. The upper ring leaves you vulnerable to mortar fire.
    -Assassins can use the outer passages to get into the enemy base easily with juice, or to spam Shuriken at turrets to juice up. Upper passages are fairly safe for backstabs, solo targets are usually vulnerable and help has trouble reaching them in time if they're alone up there. Watch for enemies that are cut off from friends on the lower level as well.
    -Assault can cruise through this map by hovering between the upper levels. GL spam is useful in the chokepoints, since the glass walls help to hold grenades in that area. Mowing down unaware snipers/supports on the upper ring is simple with the AR/charge/bomb.
    -Gunner can be effective here, especially at the chokepoints. Mortars can hit some turrets from gaps in the wall on the upper ring. Snipers will likely be watching base exits, so don't stand in the line of fire between base exits/entrances. The back passage can be used to get mortars into their base from range - stand on the wall.
    -Tank has to work a little to get to targets here, but can use hover to mitigate his slow move speed. Chokepoints are his friend, as is a Support with a firebase up front.
    -Support can drop his firebase on the upper ring where it can fire at enemy pros and bots as they spawn, though this spot can be hit with mortar fire and flak grenades. A Gunner/Tank synergizes well with a Support in this area. Airstrikes can be tossed from here as well.

Not proofreading all that. Fooooood. D:<
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

On lazorrazor, getting creative, you can put a single hacked firebase underneath a side bridge at an angle to cover BOTH bot lanes. Easier with 2 supports, but possible with 1.

However, often times the enemy has to be terribad if they can't eventually break the zone, but it is great while it lasts and it can sometimes last most the game with team help.

Just felt the PC community should see this and abuse it. It sure is fun, finding an amazing firebase placement. If you have no base turrets, there is a place at the end of a glass wall sticking outside of your moneyball ring where a hacked firebase can suppress invading enemies and both bot lanes. This is also amazing, though airstrikeable it is well tucked away, out of sight, out of mind (until it kills too many enemies). It definitely buys you time to push back an enemy and earn turret money.
  8. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

IDK if it has been mentioned in this thread, but I know it has been on the forums before. I think a great idea to get people playing is more stuff to spend their hard earned money on. I'm not talking bots/turrets/juice. I want an All-Star Shop which is unlocked after you reach all-star ranking. You can buy exclusive protags, costumes, dare I say hats, and maybe even taunts. As it is you can only buy custom classes and protags, which has left me with an excess of money and nothing to spend it on. A shop like this would encourage people to work towards in terms of both leveling up as well as saving up cash to spend in the shop.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I agree if it is nothing to give an advantage in-game, and if it is only one prestige.

As long as it is no real long-term encouragement to boost, it should in fact make this game playable for longer by rewarding. Skins and taunts are always cool, maybe even parallel grapples (new grapples that don't change damage output, damage timing, distance, throwing, ect... but look different nonetheless).
  10. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

The ability to use in-game cash to buy new gear would be wonderful, even if it was only cosmetic. The Cardboard Tube Samurai is an example of something that would have been better off as something like that.
  11. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

This <3
  12. CrancK

CrancK New Member

i don't get that, why would you want a different animation for something, when it doesn't actually do anything different? i mean... isn't the original good enough for that then? (serious question, i don't get it, to me it seems a bit of a waste to let nice new animations go to waste by making them an alternate for something already in the game, just like... what does it add then?... false sense of diversity? please do explain)
  13. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

Personalisation
  14. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Exactly. Being able to alter your character to have that little bit of personal style to let them know who it was that (maybe literally) slapped them down would be nice. Protags are part of that (there's something awesome about having "Uber Streak" next to my name every time I gank an Assassin), but they're only one little thing.

Short version: MOAR
  15. CrancK

CrancK New Member

wow, and here i was thinking names worked perfectly to identify ppl ^^

anyway... personal... doesn't that kindof require there to be more animations per grapple then there are classes in the game... like.. sure if there'd be combinations of stuff, the amount would be lower, but then still, for anything closely possible to call a "personal" or "personalized" character/move/whatever, there'd have to be 10+ animations/choices per thing

i mean i get what you mean, and if there'd be a game where you actually have something properly done like that, that might be cool, but then still it wouldn't really improve the game.. it would just make it look more diverse aesthetically

you, know its like a chess board, with really expensive/coollooking pieces.... i know people buy those things but... it's just not really.. any kind of improvement (imo)

guess it lands on the idea of people liking different things

for me, i like content which actually feels like it does something with the game (/in context of)
  16. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

It would be nice, not necessary.
  17. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Most online games have something that makes you feel like your character or account has grown. Your level rises, you gain points and prestige and you have the best of something.

MNC does not have this. I believe something cosmetic and grand other that pro tags or some new features that are gained over time would keep people longer.
  18. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

Loved that game, wish they would have kept up with it and the waterbottle update didnt have to come about.
  19. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I'm level 7x, have prestiged twice and have like 4.4 million dollar. What are we missing here?
  20. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

If you are truly proud then I suppose it is my yearning and mine alone.

Something bothers me in that no site admin has come into this topic with ideas or some sort of acknowledgement. Hell even in the mod Tools topic Ekanaut dropped in just to toy with us but it proves that site admins check in with the site and play the game of obsessively making sure that all topics are read just to see that the icon is gray on the forum list.(Right? Someone else does this huh? I'm so lonely. :| )

I can not say that they don't care. That would be asinine of me but what is their motive not responding to a community issue like this. I could maybe see letting us discuss the issue and reaping the best ideas but it leads to a sense of apathy being perpetuated upon them.

Then there is the idea that they have plans of their own but perhaps I'm putting too much faith in them.

The reason I air my grievance now is because shortly after there is a moderators response the the contrary.