Poll on Arenas

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by bgolus, August 23, 2010.

?

What's your favorite arena

1. AmmoMule

38 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. GrenADE III

74 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. LaseRazor

74 vote(s)
    35.9%
  4. Steel Peel

20 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. xCOLONEL QUESOx

xCOLONEL QUESOx New Member

GrenADE III, easy pick for me.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sadly, I've had this game for over a week and still I can't get the names of these 4 maps down. I mean we all know which one is Steel Peel...

Maybe some more dedication to map names and I can give my reason for voting for the map, I think, is my favorite.

It's weird in a game with more then 4 maps I can remember their names but for some strange reason MNC is hindering my ability to do so...lol
  3. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

If you're having problems remembering the names of the maps, I included an image showing all of the maps and their names on the first post. Check it out.
  4. DeadStretch

Well geez thanks for making me look dumb! lmao j/k

No really though Thank You.
  5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

I agree. Lazerazor has a nice mix of what (to me) feels sort of close quaters, but still has the space and all thats good for other classes.

Also giggidy.
  6. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

Love lazer razor and grenade. Steel peel is ok I guess.

Ammo Mule annoys me a bit because the turrets keep getting destroyed super quick (I noticed people complain about this happening in steel peel but I've not encountered it much.. the one time a sniper tried to take some of my turrets down was coincidentally one of the few times I was on support so I just kept overhealing and laughing at his failed attempts :p )
  7. DeadStretch

Yes! Ammo Mule is basically like flat land where everything is visible but just harder to make out from a distance. Almost every turret can be taken out well beyond it's range. But hey, it's a stock map, it's not gunna change.

Best we can do is adapt.
  8. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

Fair enough I guess :3

The fun thing is, that I somehow managed to completely miss ammo mule for the first couple of days I played. About a week later it popped up for the first time in a game I joined and I was all "wow! where did this map come from? Did they just patch it in or something?" XD
  9. Obiwan Kenblomi

Obiwan Kenblomi New Member

If a debate comes up for "class cap" then there is a problem with the map. Or maybe even the classes themselves, but a class cap is never the answer. It's a cop-out for a bad design somewhere and I don't think there's any design that bad in the game. It's also a cop-out for bad players oftentimes.

I'm not saying some classes aren't overpowered. I am saying that a well designed map can/should accommodate all classes and make it so that one team that has all one or two classes would have trouble winning against an equally skilled team that has a better balance of classes.

I honestly think the game is still too new to complain about classes yet, though. If they brought out a class cap it would be horrible. I'd leave. And I play Assault, which hardly anyone complains about - so I'm not one of the "overpowered" classes.
  10. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Actually a smart support spawns it on the enemy side under the door where it can't be bombed very well. I usually get 6-10 kills a match out of it by air striking those that try to take it out from their base or off by their turrets. It also usually ties up 2 members of the other team as they will do nothing else for that time but try to take it out which frees up teamies to keep on their push. It also keeps enemies off the annihalator and from cashing in on beating down the poor mascot!

My favorite map is LazeRazor. I would love to see a multi tiered map of say 3-4 levels done 'funhouse' style with lots of paths and twists. One that will very well confuse people. Maybe even add to the confusion with a couple paths that have small switching bridges that take you to different paths on the other side.
  11. TheKennedyCurse

TheKennedyCurse New Member

Either Ammo Mule or Grenade.
  12. scyfed

scyfed New Member

laserazor by far is the best map, mainly because you cant get faggot snipers camping on the second bridge and destroying you turrets at will without fearing repercussion. but you can still play the class on it =D
  13. scyfed

scyfed New Member

incredible idea =D would love to see a map like this. maybe bots could walk along those switching bridges but they have to be activate by pro's
  14. fushico

fushico New Member

Honestly I like steel peel but im a dual working support but grenade III is my favorite assassin map since I can just jump over the bot spawn of the enemies and assassinate a player and jump back over and rinse and repeat.
  15. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

Grenade III

I just love it...
  16. Beastleh

Beastleh New Member

Delete Ammo Mule. Far too open for it to be viable. imo.
  17. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I love Ammo Mule and the fact that it rarely goes into overtime

Even the typical drooler that normally fills my team is able to take out some turrets there
  18. DDM

DDM New Member

LareRazor
    i like it because of al the ways you can go it is the only map where a tank can make it into the enemy side with out being spoted instantly.
    but i will admit the bases are a little weak
  19. Wutang85

Wutang85 New Member

I think for steel Peel, they intended for us to use the USELESS walkway to the left of our base to flank..............

Hardly anyone does and I'm starting to think this was supposed to be a "key area" of the map.....

I'm sorry but if anything SUCKS in this game ....it's Steel Peel Arena....

No offense to the map creator/designer, but I'm sure even they realize they can do MUCH better..

Things wrong:
    1.) Part of it's design takes away a custom bots ability to even connect hits ??? WHAT !!

2,) The middle of the middle area, you can't actually use ( the lower mid) .....

3.) The top mid, if you can survive a sniper round for more than 30 seconds then bless your soul..

4.) The base turrets layout is AWFUL.........1 turret at door ????exposed ????? Yea way to give us a chance to build a defense........= snipers heaven

5.) Somebody should have pimp slapped the Designers face with Baby powder via "how high" for even thinking this Arena was playable or " Balanced"

The other 95 % of this game is truly creative and amazing.........breath of fresh air for all game genres really.....

But PLEASE look at your faults and LEARN from them........we would really respect that