Please streamline game setup, fix UI stalls.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by reddreadmorgan, August 19, 2015.

1. reddreadmorgan

reddreadmorgan New Member

1. Main Menu
    2. Click Multiplayer
    3. Click Custom
    4. Click Create game
    5. Set Competitive tag, I have to set it every single time. This is 2 clicks. Please make it stick.
    6. I have to switch to "Teams" every single time. I never create an FFA game. Ever. Two more clicks, Make this stick.
    7. UI STALLS, map is building, defaults to a map I never play. "Clutch" (or whatever it was in PA:C)
    8. Wait for UI to become usable again. (10-20 seconds)
    9. Switch map to the one I want.
    10. UI stalls again. 10-15 seconds.
    11. Wait for UI to come back.
    12. Add slots/teams, wait for buddy.

If you don't want to create threads to build planets, for whatever reason, then start the map 'blank', and let me pick a map before blocking the UI.

How about this:

1. Main Menu
    2. Click "Create Multiplayer Game"
    3. Last tags I chose are still there, game mode I picked (ffa/teams/bounty/dynamic alliances/sandbox) are still clicked.
    4. I add teams/slots, wait for my buddy to arrive.
    5. I pick a system.
    6. UI stalls - now less of an issue, as I'm just waiting for people to arrive.

Additionally, when I pick a map, the list should be ordered by frequency, not by creation date or name. Therefore, the last 'n' maps I chose are at the top. Right now I'm presented with a giant list of official maps I never play, and mine are at the bottom, requiring a scroll.

With the rest of the polish in this game, having the UI stall is amazingly frustrating. Being a game developer myself, I also know that creating a thread to go do work isn't all that hard, especially in this case, where it's not communicating much at all to the UI except "I'm working on it", and "Done".
    ace63 and kryovow like this.
  2. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I completely agree with this post. It is simple but amazingly irritating to have to recreate the exact same settings every time I host a game.