Playstation 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by AraxisHT, June 11, 2013.

1. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Well ofc they think they are the only 'good' platform and all others must die. Thats pretty much it.

On a side note is it just me or do those graphic look really crappy?
    Last edited: July 9, 2013
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Exclusives are important, but if you're going to not allow a certain title on your system because of stuff like that then you're just denying yourself sales. Big titles like FF are pretty important to some people.
  3. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Personally i think the whole 'exclusives' thing is bullshit. Its just marketing nothing more.

Especially with the next gen consoles which have the same architecture as the pc there is no other excuse than marketing to keep it exclusive to a console.
    Last edited: July 9, 2013
  4. kvalheim

They're important in the early years of a console. Being able to say "hey, we have X title on our system" is a good selling point for people to buy your system.
  5. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Thats pretty much what i said its marketing nothing more
  6. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Of course it's for marketing, what's your point?
  7. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Well it is rumored partially the decision was because of FPS studies that would basically show PC gamers dominating console players. But this is an RPG so that honestly shouldn't matter.

But yeah the main reason is business, the few other crossplatform exceptions they allowed on the Xbox 360 also were games that were forced to go through Live. They want to keep things in their control.

Fair enough, but I think losing a game like this can put off potential customers. It wasn't a console seller at all. But if you were on the fence and you already know FFXV and KH3 were going to both systems, this just pushed it the other way.
  8. kvalheim

Oh, Microsoft just also hate PC gaming in general. They don't like people playing games on a system that isn't their closed Xbox system.
    Why the hell do you think the Windows 8 adverts only show games in the sense of Angry Birds, and other "Xbox Games" apps?
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

There is currently a game that is cross platform with xbox ps3 and pc. Why did this become an issue?

Also, i agree that this marketing campaign and the
    way people are viewing it is turning out like a presidential election, and God knows those end up being so intelligent... i mean people always vote for the best reasons and not on personal appearances at all... :roll:
  10. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Um... Skylanders? Only one I can think of.
  11. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Final Fantasy XI was cross platform for all three at the time of release (360, PC, and PS2. By association it is cross platform on SOME PS3s).

It was expected that XIV would do the same. And it is, but Microsoft isn't giving ground like they did before with XI so they're dropping it entirely. That's the only reason why it is interesting, relation to other games is actually not an issue.

Though there were a few other crossplatform games out there
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-platform#Video_games
    they don't seem to have covered all three systems. XI was special. That's why it was important.
  12. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

13. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

typical playstation fanboy
  14. JammySTB

A lot of people liked the old way because they wanted to exploit the game sharing feature.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Shadowrun is another cross platform game for 360 and PC.
  16. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

That game is STILL fun.
  17. kvalheim

Cross platform seems like a really cool idea, and having games I could play against my brother without having to use systems we don't like so much (he doesn't play on PC much) would be fun, but it's VERY much in favour of the keyboard and mouse players
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I think cross-platform can work really well for non shooters. Like Racing games and even casual games like Worms.
  19. kvalheim

Yeah, that's something people forget in the PC v Console thing. Some games work just as well on both, some work best on one specific (KB&M shooters, Controller Racing)
  20. JammySTB

You can connect an xbox or ps controller to a PC though.

Some games work just as well on both, others work better on PC.