Playing Assault

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by AlphabetTaco, January 31, 2012.

1. joker

joker Active Member

What I meant was due to the endless variables of public play all you can really work on is aim. The games best assassins can easily lose to an average pub lobby if the classes and player skill allow it. Four supports who hug their firebases at steel peel and you are left with a team that gets three kills in ten mins of play is impossible. I didn't mean pubs and pub players are a pointless joke (I believe private players are better, or at least earn respect for trying from me), I meant class rolls are very skewed in publics compared to privates. That and Canada sucks!
  2. raypidge

raypidge New Member

I use the GL to kill bots if the rest of my team isnt doing there part in taking them out. Most of the time I just whip it out to get the finishing bank shot kill on the person who ran to hide behind the corner or wall. Works especially well on G3 with supports hiding behind the glass on the bridges, it may not kill them but it at least will get them to become exposed to other pros on my team or to get them to retreat back so i can move up.

The ledge's on the sides of the map in some areas are really good for banking. I've never seen anyone take advantage of these but myself but im sure others do
  3. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Covering is easy if your team can pro control the middle courtyard. Pushing is a different story. If you push up your left, you leave your right exposed, and an assassin or tank can drop your ball super quick before you get back. When I try to do both, here's the trend I notice:

-Push bots on the left up to mid outside bridge (before they start to cross the ejector area on the enemy side/my team's left side)
    -Make sure that right side is pushed up to enemy front bridge.
    -Now is where I would try to push my bots on the left all the way in. I go slaying bots down the left (assuming there is absolutely no resistance...but remember that in the current private match meta game, the enemy tank is going to be all over this lane). If I push my bots with no resistance, by the time my bots are standing at the enemy front bridge, if I go back to my base, the other team's bots are approaching my front bridge as well. So I can either:

A - go back and stop them from dropping my ball
    B - Push my bots up the left, attempt to drop their ball (as an assassin, in a private match, this isn't an easy feat without juice, assuming the other team is paying attention).

That's the problem with LR.

Now if people would switch **** up so that the assassin pushed up the right side instead, it could be a different story. The tank could simply hold the left to the middle and have more time to pro control. The assassin can easily get to the middle of the map from the enemy right lane and push bots back up to the midway point of the left before switching back.

Something I'm gonna request to try next private match I'm running sin.
  4. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

The uhm ... the robots are slower than the Assassin. Quite a bit slower actually.

You really shouldn't be having that much of a problem in Pubs.

BTW, yeah, we're talking about Pubs.

Oh, and the Assault.
  5. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

In pubs, oftentimes nobody is paying attention to the moneyball. So it's easy to drop the ball then.
  6. choiio

choiio New Member