Playing Assault

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by AlphabetTaco, January 31, 2012.

1. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

If you had been spending less time killing bots and more time pushing the pros back, they probably wouldn't have been able to juice chain so hard.

If you push the enemy bots back without pushing for pro control, it just allows them to sit back and melee bots without any harassment.
  2. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

^
    What she said.

Also, if it was indeed Anastatius who you are talking about, he was trolling you. He wins.
  3. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

I intended to not mention names as it is against the forums rules and whatnot. I'm on a team with myself and a slim (4 n00bs) against another jackbot, a gapshot, and a gremlin prestiged player. I assumed that at least one would be the "pro assault" who likes juice. So I go with my half-assed assault skills to make an attempt to counter him. Gapshot goes tank, gremlin is a support. My slim was a support so I was left to be the competent offensive player.

I attempted to push bots forward but struggled against their team being less moronic. Within a few minutes bots were seeping into the base so we ended up throwing a party there most the match (when initial juices began which leads to purchasing more). Few more minutes of keeping bots back we got some rockets up, which got me to go outward more, then a tank juiced and took one out, so I stayed back until we got it rebuilt. The time I was in my base I was either on the ring or over to the right or left bridge getting grenade bounces more into the middle of the arena to damage the bots coming in on the left as well.

Juicing obviously continued, so if I decided to leave, there was a pro with juice ready to say otherwise. Anyway. This continues a couple more minutes, then it's overtime. I somehow ended up with a win after juicing in their base, and was entirely blown away at the fact we didn't lose within 10 seconds.

Anyway. I told the assault "You've got to be disappointed with that one." As I myself would've been pretty irate. He says he is okay with it since he had me in my base the whole match, which I understand, but had little choice over, and explained I was pushing back bots, which then led to the original comment on how assaults are not supposed to push bots. Given these circumstances I find it was relatively necessary.

And there's my essay.
  4. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

Haven't seen that person I don't believe... maybe once? Sounds familiar.
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Well I have to say, I would have done the exact same thing. Except for sending a message of course. I like to steal club tags after an unexpected win. ;)
  6. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Oh it was me. I have been figured out good guess jon.
  7. gunked

gunked New Member

sounds to me you need to learn how to [1v6] :)
  8. choiio

choiio New Member

Si amigoo
  9. aflyingtaco

aflyingtaco Member

You sent him a message saying that he should be pushing bots as a gunner instead of killing enemy pros
  10. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

if assaults want to kill bots fly to the ejector.. its easy to do.
  11. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

Assault is for killing pros. I find no greater use for that class than kill pros. The AR is garbage against bots but does wonders against pros, as does the GL.

Should I play half the class or all the class? Personally, I prefer to rack up the kills even if it makes me look like a K/D padder. After all, who else is gonna kill the sniper? The Jackbot?
  12. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

This guy makes me smile. :)
  13. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

""if someone is already pushing bots efficiently" issue, but even then, who's to say they wouldn't appreciate the help"

As somebody who sucks at this game outside of the assassin class, I'd just like to say that except on Lazer Razer and Grenade III, we don't want the help. All you're doing is slowing down our juice gain. If you really want to help us, throw bombs at the pros who are interfering with our bot pushing. Or push the bots when we die.

The exception, as mentioned above, is Lazer Razer and GIII...both maps have lanes that are too far away from each other to efficiently push as one class. Even then, the tank should really be covering the other bot lanes.

There's ALWAYS situations where GLing bots is useful...and in pubs it's more often the case than in privates. But don't make a career out of it...you're not using the assault to his full potential.
  14. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

If you're playing tryhard Assassin in a pub and still can't cover both lanes of LR and G3 ... no Assault is going to save you.

'Cept maybe RustCLAN.
  15. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

...I find this map easiest to cover both lanes on as an Assassin.
  16. joker

joker Active Member

Problem is we're discussing class roles in pubs, which is like discussing politics in Canada, pointless
  17. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

^
    muted.
  18. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

#include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    cout << "Hello." << endl;
    int x;
    cin >> x;
    return 0;
    }
  19. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

That's the attitude that's going to kill the Private Match community. When people who play Pubs read things like this they instantly see you as an elitist *****, and that then becomes the profile for everyone who plays PMs. Once you have been labeled as a ***** it becomes much more difficult to find players who actually want to play with you.

Please keep in mind that the talent pool is already somewhat shallow in this game and we PM players don't want to turn people away from the experience just because of our attitudes.

tl;dr We're not all like that guy.
  20. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

GL = Money ball's worst nightmare.