PLAYING ALL MORNING: COME CELEBRATE BRAD NICHOLSON DAY

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, April 29, 2014.

1. tohron

tohron Active Member

Well, you can take comfort in the fact that I nuked your nuker :) (and then finished him off with 60+ gunships)

P.S. People don't seem to realize the power of an orbital rush in an FFA. I was literally building up on the asteroid for over 15 minutes with nobody contesting it. The only challenge for me was maintaining an outpost on Zaphod Alpha to use as a nuke base for securing that planet.
    Last edited: April 30, 2014
    BradNicholson likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

same ol same ol, if you wanna watch in 1080p wait awhile for it to be done processing.
    Last edited: April 30, 2014
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

In my defence, My reaction was strong enough, I wiped that planet before it crashed into mine. It just was a minute shy of early enough. Just a minute.

The trick is, if you drop a teleporter on an empty part of a planet, and dump 80 gil-e and 40 stingers, and immediately patrol planet them, they can't efficiently be nuked and just swarm everything killing all.

I find rushing orbital to be hit or miss and chasing tails, I find planetary cleansing squads to be competitive in the task. Call me a terrestial fanboy, I tried both ways and I feel an alignment to this one lol.

GG though, if it had to end then glad it was a KEW.
  4. tatsujb

5. thetrophysystem

AHHWWWW... The one game I play in sort of ok, and it was recorded by someone without interaction to me in it. Too bad it wasn't pink or a spectator to record it... :(
  6. tatsujb

well ...sorry :(
    did you at least enjoy it? é_è
  7. thetrophysystem

Actually, I enjoyed it...

...but you trade APM for very overlapped orders a lot. I am very slow how I click my placements, but one time you literally overlapped 2 strips of pgen-lines over top of one another, one time you clicked 4 white frames over top one another which I am not sure how you did but probably 2 will not build, and the walls and walls of lines are functional but gives me an idea for a suggested UI tool:

I wish if you give a group of 6 fabbers a command or key, that they would divide up the orders evenly. So basically, given a queue of 30 powerplants or 30 walls, 6 fabbers will go do 5 each.

*I still bet you issue more commands than me, I am terrible at speed even if you are terrible at efficiency*
  8. tatsujb

that's not APM, that's just me trying to work my way around the iffy placement and how it's giving me the bird.

By the way I've been meaning to make a thread about how it just drives me up the wall that we had to loose the gate model (that I loved) to the new gate model (that I hate) to supposedly help units get through it better and have less difficulty placing it.

I exposed how much the fear of units getting stuck was ridiculous and an issue I hadn't had..... but THE PLACEMENT ... OMG.

now I just know I'm not alone in this : since the model change placing down a gate is fudged up it really doesn't work.

Hence me trying best I can to find a loophole and trick the game into placing the dern thing even though it really doesn't want to.
  9. thetrophysystem

I got better didn't it?

It used to take up a quarter of the surface area of a 200 planet. Literally.

Now, it is slightly longer slightly more narrow than an Adv. Fact., and Adv. Fact. have placement troubles all their own. 50% of the time they SHOULD fit somewhere yet REFUSE. But that is a seperate problem, maybe get rid of the corners of the placement boxes so that empty air being obstructed by mountains doesn't refuse it. Either way, don't know, but new model has placement problems and old one had way too large space requirement and even then had problems placing where it SHOULD fit. I had a huge space in my base once, and tried teleporter in it, did not fit, didn't fit at edge of base, had to fit many meters away and waypoint factories to it.
  10. tatsujb

no, that's exactly what I'm saying, it didn't against all sane reason and logic, the new model made a problem out of placement where it wasn't before.

I never had any problems with placing the old gate, literally never, now I get this alllllll the tiiiiiiime.
  11. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Not the case for me. The old model was waaay to big & I haven't run into nearly as many placement issues with the new model. Plus I personally like the new look, I think it matches the style more.
  12. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i think the old model was batter if you wanted to ues it to invade a little planet you had to find a spot where it could be built then clear away the spot uesing orbital lasers then build the gate and your army enters!
  13. tatsujb

I really REALLY can't place them, guys be honest this problem didn't happen before.
  14. thetrophysystem

I can't place teleporters between 2 mountains which looks like it should fit, but I can place it on the edge of my base now, and I couldn't place it between mountains before either because it took up twice the space but before I couldn't even place it where even an empty space corner was cut shy.
  15. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

BRAD I MADE A GLORIOUS SELF PORTRAIT OF YOU AND YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME TO YOUR DAY ;_;