PlayerName: should be Changed/Banned

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cumsume, December 8, 2013.

1. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

This was not a player merely griefing or trolling, this was a player actively boasting of and endorsing one of the most disgusting criminal acts recognised in every legal system around the world.

I agree a line needs to be drawn by uber, but in this instance there was no debate to be had.

However, as cwarner said earlier, this thread can now be used to address more general community concerns about this kind of issue, although perhaps we should change the title (again) or move discussion into a new thread to get away from the presence of the original target of the thread.

EDIT: just to reiterate, any act, and that includes expressing opinions, that is illegal when expressed in person is just as illegal when expressed online. People seem to think an anonymous username and anonymous audience makes bigotry and endorsement of criminality more excusable. It doesn't.
    elwyn and drz1 like this.
  2. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I usually don't mind trolling, adult language or anything similar as it's within our freedoms and rights to express ourselves in such a way. Causing offence shouldn't necessarily be a basis for retaliation or banning, as what causes offence is relative to each individual's personality, beliefs and taste. On the internet, you do need to expect to encounter swearing, taunting and similar behaviour. If you can't accept differing opinion, or behave as an adult and ignore rude behaviour, and get offended by it, you should not try to interact online. (Or leave your house.)

That said, there are a handful, of topics that are universally treated as unacceptable under any circumstances, and rightfully so. This was one of them.
  3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I agree
  4. Gunman006

Gunman006 Member

Indeed, how about we all just use common sense? :)
  5. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

unfortunately the common sense we think of isn't that common :p also every person has there own varied definition of it xD
  6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Guys, please don't feed the idiot trolls. Report them and please don't engage. DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM. Just flag them. It helps us track them down faster and ban them faster. In the case of this user, we have a report in to Valve as well. We don't waste any more time on people like this than we have to to get them to go away. Neither should any of you.
    brianpurkiss, drz1, lokiCML and 6 others like this.
  7. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Now that is the proper attitude.
    drz1 likes this.
  8. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Did anyone else get a message from a player with this sort of name? Thankfully it seems he was reported or removed, I only got an email about the message, I didn't actually see it.
    Manwolf likes this.
  9. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

YES I did too... f-king disgrace for the human race, that person! that guy better hides his IP really well, otherwise he'll get into alot of jurisdicial sh-t...5years prison please....
  10. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I think Garat is right, they are now upping their game to get a reaction, lets just ignore them and report them privately.
    maxpowerz likes this.