PlayerName: should be Changed/Banned

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cumsume, December 8, 2013.

1. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

damn nvm...... thats mark :/
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Wait, so you guys want to ban a player because his username is PlayerName? You don't think that's a bit unfair since they paid just like the rest have? Shouldn't this be Uber's fault since their system allows for such names?
  3. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I think the person is responsible for their name I mean they must have know its inappropriate and not only that if say they regretted it they could have at least tried to change his display name but they did not... not only that but you can see his comments in Zaphodx video its completely uncalled for and harms the community for their own personal "fun" I mean even if they had a normal username if they kept saying the things they did then over time and as more report functions came into public knowledge and screenshots built up I'm sure that the same result would have happened...
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The original name was pushing it, but now people are just complaining about something that REALLY doesn't matter all that much.

Community's will always have problems like these, and frankly is only pushing me MORE into the camp of not wanting a global chat.
    shotforce13 likes this.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

The username isn't 'PlayerName' - the username referred to child molesting, and they have been documented displaying what can only be described as 'trollish' behaviour. I don't think it's fair to others who have paid to play this game that they should be subjected to such selfish and inconsiderate behaviour.

This individual has every right to participate in offline games where they can choose whatever hilarious display name they like and call the AI all sorts of names.

@igncom1 the username isn't the problem, it's the behaviour of the user, IMO. They're making the game unpleasant for others.
  6. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

^this, no global chat.
  7. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

The thread title originally had the user's highly inappropriate username. It wasn't "playername", it was something highly offensive.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I find it weird someone would get a game like this and not have a decent name or act decent.

We have a resident forum member with an attractive Asian girl as an avatar, and he does it obviously as a joke, but i cannot help to forget that I'm not actually talking to what i am seeing.

Guess the internet is just am empty shell, never know who is inputting behind the screen.

On that regard, i say change his name but he did pay so leave him the dignity of not banning him.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

actually this is a perfectly good example of how the few idiots that exist can be removed easily...
  10. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

My 9 year old daughter plays this game with me, it just sad that idiots like this exsist in the first place. I would be ok with it, if at some time we get a filter for it.
    elwyn and drz1 like this.
  11. Murcanic

This is true if the threat of being banned is out there it should get people to be abit more civil... though perhaps 3 strike system or a time ban/kick from the game could weed out the ones that just made a mistake to those that just want to waste their money and "troll"
  12. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

As opposed to the giant witch hunt that people have started here when they should have simply reported it to uber just like with infractions on the forum?

I am not sure what is worse quite frankly, the blatant fool or this mob over nothing new.
  13. Tripax

Tripax Member

Garat said the user has been dealt with.

Can't we just stop fondling the guy's ego any more and close this thread.
    He really isn't worth the words...
    lokiCML likes this.
  14. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's general forum practice or not, but I'm on the opinion that the problem has been resolved and the thread can be closed now.

We could create a thread for reporting inappropriate behaviour though, quoting what Garat said somewhere above on the information needed that's helpful on resolving these issues.
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

To be fair, I think this thread is discussing the wider issue of how we as a community deal with inappropriate player names / behaviour rather than this one individual at this point.
    elwyn and Murcanic like this.
  16. cola_colin

A global chat with a few moderators would be a great place to report this kind of thing, better than the forums for sure.

@shotforce13: Chat or not, idiots will find their way to put up inappropiate stuff saldy. Yes with a chat they might have a better way to get aggressive, but a chat is also a better way to contact a mod to ban them.
    Obviously a 9 year old should not participate in any kind of online chat anyway. Too many bad people lurk around.
  17. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

There's a reason "player reporting" threads are banned from most game forums. They get out of hand FAR too easily. Legitimate complaints should be taken through private channels.
    lokiCML, cwarner7264 and igncom1 like this.
  18. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

I don't think anyone should be banned for having any sort of username, you're only offended by it if you choose to be, you can easily brush it off and move along.

I'm more curious about this:
    I didn't realise you could have a "display name" which is different from your user name. How is this acheived?
  19. cola_colin

You can set a displayname in your account settings here: https://store.uberent.com/Account/MyAccount

I cant see how anything got out of hand tbh. A troll trolled, got reported and banned and apart from that a bit of discussion is going on about how we generally should deal with such people and reporting should work (yes a PM to a mod would be better). Nothing bad going on, apart from the (joke?) post of deadstrech about banning somebody named "PlayerName" that created a bit confusion.
    So yeah great community overall I'd say :p
  20. Murcanic

Uber store go to your account and to the right hand side you should see a edit below a display name then you change it and save ^^