Planetary Invasions...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by extraspectre, October 10, 2013.

1. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

I loved the NR option... but I like my sim city turtle fests, I can understand if most don't. I'm an odd one, unfortunatly not the odd one.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Unit cannon on a moon+crawling bombs will make a nice cheap interplanetary gun. I can see that being the opening wave to an invasion. After that, you already have the unit cannon so you just need to send some conventional units.
    archcommander likes this.
  3. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

4. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Stupid phone ^ ....... what I was saying was that I agree with that, but I would like to see a planetary invasion Lander...... effective counter is already in place, avenger, if you can't see it coming and don't have enough orbital fighters you deserve it.
  5. Badtoasters

Badtoasters Member

If I remember from the kick-starter video the unit cannon fired groups of five bots per shot, so I believe that solves the unit-cannon vs larger transporters.
  6. aldawile

aldawile New Member

Unit Caps (game performance) are a thing to consider on how planetary assaults are managed.
    If people have 1000s of meaningless units crawling the surface, what will that do to the puters serving them?

Planetary Portals sound cool. If you can sneak one on someone's planet then he deserves to die for lack of scouting recon on his own territory.

Orbital Bombardment does kind of trump the whole concept of bringing a massive army from one planet to another. First use artillery/nuke/airstrike, then mop up with ground units right?

Depolying massive armies or more likely dumping massive armies from space w no regard for choke points on planet sounds a bit annoying to me. Why build a nice base if someone can just dump 100 tanks on it and bypass your defenses? How about allowing for some kind of pricey but serviceable limited area defense against getting Massive Army Dumps (MAD) while playing? That would allow for on planet choke points to still have value.