Planetary Annihilation's Economy System

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by scathis, February 28, 2013.

1. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

i agree with you that the OP is out of date however This should be where it's discussed... the new discussion, current discussion, is fine and gives a place to continue to discuss the economic policies... i don't see why this is a bad thing?
    and metal affecting econ would have to be done correctly i honestly don't want a cycle death eco spiral
  2. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

I understand you've posted more but posting a reply to somebody starting with "you must be new around here" could be interpreted as condescending some newer members might become agitated by that form of introduction. That is not a leap of logic. what part about new discussions about the workings of the PA economy is bad?
  3. brigham

brigham New Member

loussdale likes this.
  4. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

CLAN BATTLE....It's only way to solve this..... 1 v 1 each other.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

You didn't pick up on what i meant.

I agree with the principle, i agree with the idea and making it happen.

I just never have a game where I'm abundant on metal and not on energy. By strategy, you want to have lots of one and as much of the other as you can obtain. You usually have energy to blow by time you are fully tapped on metal.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The problem is that people are assuming the Content that was posted 9 months ago is still up to date when it isn't in many cases. Not to mention that with 700+ posts worth of discussion it is very, VERY likely that any new discussion topics relevant to this aren't actually new at all and have already been covered.

It's fine if you want to discuss the current state of PA's Eco, but this thread isn't the place to do it because it was the presentation of the planned Eco system from 9 months ago and it has changed or portions haven't been fully implemented yet in PA's current state.

Mike
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

An energy stall is not because you didn't build enough energy. It's because the other person got into your power plants with a decent force/dropped a nuke on top of it.

That means you've never energy stalled. Well done!

Watch ZaphodX's most recent streams (Liquis vs BurntCustard) - it's decided because one of them gets into the others powerplants and guts the power.

Because of the way that fabbers work, if they only have 1000 power available, but there is a request for 10,000 power, each fabber will only spend 100 power each. So a t1 bot fabber will spend 1 metal per tick. That means, if your metal income is more than 10 metal per tick, that you'll start gaining metal because you're energy stalling.

If you metal stall, your fabbers can only spend 1 metal per tick, but they still cost 1000 energy to run.
  8. thetrophysystem

I know how it works. And i can't stand how people still build energy farms. That's so retro. As you described how metal is useless without energy, it makes more sense to put power a few at a time around each mex and the things that use power, because the power isn't a loss if it dies with the thing that needed it.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Oh good.

Sorry I didn't mean to be condescending.

That's how I do my build orders now. Otherwise I forget to chuck up power gens. I generally throw up power around factories rather than around mexes (think Supcom, although I've never played it, and you get the idea)
  10. thetrophysystem

Well you need them for factories so factories get a couple. You need it for units to even use metal, so Mex need it. Some structures need it.

Lastly, t2 pp are an investment in themselves, they go in their own empty spot somewhat well surrounded and protected (and separate from each other too)