Planetary Annihilation's Economy System

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by scathis, February 28, 2013.

1. raptus86

raptus86 New Member

Hi..
    a question to the economy...

when I control 2 planets and on both I produce metal and energy.. are they self-sufficient or share them the recourses? So has every planet its own economy?
  2. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

Right now they are planned to all share resources.
  3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Correct. It would be an interesting place to experiment though.
  4. fouquet

fouquet Active Member

pls i would love to see seperate economies that are linkable by metal only, being able to send metal to where you need it in the solar system.

this could make or break the multiple planets gameplay.
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

It will be a Mod. It will very swiftly be a Mod. I know multiple people who are planning to Mod it.
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

BTW I'm really happy with how the economic system is working compared to, for example, TA. It really is a lot harder to tank your economy.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

could an massive EMP from the metal planet be a way to shut down ressource tranfer from planet to planet? (because, you know, robots from the future have captured assimilated and refined ressources into waves)
    I can see this being soooo strategically deep.
  8. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

[​IMG]

I AM THE NECROMANCER!
    shootall and stormingkiwi like this.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Um... dude... you're supposed to post that image in response to someone who reanimates a thread.
    But plus 1
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

i find this thread to be important... especially considering the new flux of players
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  11. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

Its a shame.
  12. stormingkiwi

But this thread is perhaps the worst one, because they most important line of the description
    • When your energy is drained, the amount of energy builders use is prorated. The metal output is also reduced via that prorated amount.
    • When your metal is drained, the amount of metal builders produce is prorated. However, energy drain is not affected. It still costs full energy to power the builder.
    Doesn't use language that people understands. Bumping the UI economy mod is a much better way to do it, because that mod actually tells you what your build rate is.
  13. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

it would be if they tried to fix the economy (i say fix but it only needs a basic change of removing the fact that fabbers always use 1000 energy regardless of wether they are applying 10 metal or 0 metal. i guess my only hope is to keep posting it everywhere so that it gets noticed)
  14. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

Cool, but I would never understand it enough before I play the game
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Keep in mind the original Post was created back in FEBRUARY and has had over 700 posts discussing it.

The Original Post isn't really relevant in many aspects anymore due to changes.

Mike
  16. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

the discussion is important as it fosters understanding... and if it is on the front page.. we wont see a whole other thread created :p
  17. KNight

KNight Post Master General

you must be new around here. Bumping this old outdated thread doesn't help at all, as evidenced by the posts posted since the bump that reference the Original post that is 9+ months old.

Mike
  18. stormingkiwi

There are about 5 threads with player descriptions of how the economy actually works?
    Making it so that an energy stall affects metal production, AND a metal stall affects energy production?

I could get behind that.
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Generally, my only commenton that is why are you worried stalling metal will stall power when you should have both n00b?

Besides the fact that either shouldn't happen or you should already have power not to care or your a scrub, it would be a very forgiving mechanic, and we could use more of those.
  20. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

im going to assume you are talking to me.

First off, you are the scrub around here.

Secondly, this is not about linking power to metal, but making it so that an active usage of fabricators will not completely nullify all other things that require energy to run. (eg. radar if you have not played the game).

Besides, it really is not linking power to metal, it just means that the base resource that fabricators run fabricate with is metal, and not energy. Energy is consumed to apply metal. Metal application should not be a nifty by-product for using fabricators to waste energy.
    cola_colin and stormingkiwi like this.