Planetary Annihilation Update #4

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by felipec, August 24, 2012.

1. felipec

felipec Active Member

2. rechar

rechar New Member

What pledge level gets you the Cavedog cup? :?
  3. corhen

corhen Member

that was.. well, Uber!

no "content" but good to get some of that confirmed.
  4. Cryptic1

Cryptic1 New Member

UPDATE #4 video = team uber is awesome :D
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am always upping my pledge after I see new updates.
    This is bad. My bankaccount wont like it if I go any further. Damn it I am just a poor apprentice, I should not spent more than 33% of my monthly income on a video game that isn't even made yet.
  6. doctorzuber

doctorzuber New Member

I must admit I'm somewhat meh on the first stretch goal of naval combat. Notice even in the forum poll on the subject the opinions on whether or not naval is even worth doing are mixed at best.

And I personally, voted no. I never liked naval combat in TA. It just wasn't worth doing. Even in CC which had a focus on enhancing naval combat, ships were barely ever used. Seaplanes were just flat out better in nearly every situation.

And I really just can't put my finger on exactly why. Maybe it was that ships were too squishy. Maybe it was that planes in general were just too good. Maybe it was that ships were too expensive and took too long to build. Whatever it was, the end result was a feature that was largely ignored in the game. Planes were just better.

If it was doing right for a change, it might be interesting to see. But I remain very skeptical.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

while I dont think that naval on normal planets is that great when you have hovercrafts and planes, the idea of whole waterplanets with underwaterbuildings and navy-wars is very nice. "Waterplanets" actually changed my opinion on navy from no to yes.
  8. felipec

felipec Active Member

Agreed.. This is not just naval units and bases, but also whole water planets.. But I'm more excited about the possibility to create a tsunami like in the movie Deep Impact! SOOO AWESOME!