Planetary Annihilation @steam 82.99 Euros

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by abidibladiduda, June 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garibaldi5

garibaldi5 New Member

You have only quotet this one sentence out of context.
    I have also said that the development over kickstarter without the help of a puplisher,
    includes this kind of "if you pay much than we will give you x for this".

The question is if x must be early alpha acsess or if this should be able for all gamers.

I can understand the rage totally.Normally its a win-win situation.

The developer gets usefull feedback.
    The player gets to play this game.

In this case the carged an unreal amount of 83 € to make the kickstarterproject more sucsessfull.

But if there was no kickstarter, than many of this interesting ideas like PA would not come to live.So at this point i see it more positv then negativ.

Or do you want to play more shitty EA and/or f2play games in the future because you have nothing else to play.
    Last edited: June 14, 2013
  2. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

The only thing I can see work better than the current situation is this:

Have a Steam option to Pre-order the Retail for 40 dollars only.
    Mention that Alpha and Beta are available over their Uber store.

Neutrino said that Valve doesn't let them have options for Alpha/Beta/Retail but then maybe you can change the early access to a simple pre-order?
    That way people would stop being retards and 40 dollars would seem decent.
  3. tyrokiller

tyrokiller New Member

I may have misunderstood your intentions with that post that I responded to, all I was attempting to do was give a reasoning as to why someone might be against someone paying that kind of money for the alpha on steam. (Also it tied in somewhat to my long post before it)

Thanks, :).

You bring up good points to which I can't really contend with, I suppose you are right that the final outcome of this is most likely little damage to the game world itself; still I suppose it will just be a wait and see. :)
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i think it shouldn´t suprise anyone that poeple tend to start shooting before they ask questions ...
  5. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

This seems like a good idea. Though, it seems like the only other way to approach it.

Kickstarter and steam are just two completely different systems. The backers asked for it to be on steam, and uber delivers. then steam gets mad about it.

It looks to me more of steam not understanding kickstarter than the other way around.

What I find funny is that if they had taken the suggestion above and pointed to their site of the alpha prices, the prices wouldn't be different, but people would be ok with it. It's kind of sad that that's all it takes.

Just because most people do one thing one way, doesn't mean everyone else has to conform to the masses. Uber made their price form based on kickstarter. That's all there really is to it :?
  6. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

This. Clearly we gave too much credit to the average Steam user's reading comprehension (I and all my friends use steam but I wrongly assumed we were average gamers I guess). Spoon feed the masses the cheapest option and give those who can read the tools they need to have their ideas heard and contribute to the development of this game (because that is the bonus of alpha you are paying extra for) at a price.

At this point anyone complaining about the price is obviously confused. Period. They should be directed to the kickstarter page or a sticky or something and have their thread closed with a warning to do a search of the forums before posting their topic from now on. Including this thread.
  7. antillie

antillie Member

Pretty much this.
  8. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Could this thread be closed, please?

Some people don't like the price of this product. This is okay, but I don't walk into a store and say: "Hey. I know, everybody else is paying 90 bucks, BUT I want it for 40. Give it to me or I will make some drama."

THIS is respectless!
  9. antillie

antillie Member

What's really funny is that the pre order price for PA actually is $40 so they really can have it for $40 right now and play it when it is released.
  10. sokolek

sokolek Member

WTF are you talking about. PA is not on steam.
  11. kalabalana

kalabalana New Member

Can I sell back $90 of uber gear to try the game...? lol.
  12. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Killing pricing threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.