Planetary Annihilation Perks

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, June 13, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Not sure who's getting the word add-on from anywhere. Our wording on Steam.

Early Access Includes:
    Game Key: Access the game now, during the Beta period and after Planetary Annihilation releases.
    Theta Commander: Commanders are at the center of your faction in PA. The Theta commander is a unique shell design only available to those who purchase the game in Early Access or pre-purchase the title at a later date. It is a distinguishing symbol of your support.
    Soundtrack: The PA Soundtrack is the game’s score by Howard Mostrom and recorded by a live orchestra. It will be yours via digital download when the game is released.
    Desktop Wallpaper: This is the official full release Planetary Annihilation wallpaper and will come in a variety of resolutions for you to choose. (Design to be finalized by release.)
    Digital Artbook: From early concept sketches to full renders, this is a compilation of the art and design that went into PA.
  2. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

From the Steam page:
    It looks like it's the Pricing update that uses the word "addons" specifically, the rest of the blurb is self-evident.

Also, I note that PA is no longer coming up in the autocomplete or the search listing for "planetary annihilation" on Steam (only the trailers are listed). I guess Valve have blocked it from the results temporarily until the pricing thing blows over?
  3. Sonic4Spuds

Sonic4Spuds New Member

It is a bug with their search from what I have been able to find, not intentional, but then again I don't know for sure.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Ah, I forgot about the update I wrote used that wording.. updates aren't really the product description, so it didn't even enter my mind.
  5. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

It worked fine previously, and stopped working once everything kicked off on the Steam forums over pricing. Possibly it is entirely coincidental, I couldnt say since I don't have any contacts at Valve. Just thought I'd mention it is all ;)
  6. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

admirable restraint shown, knight
  7. macbernick

macbernick New Member

About the soundtrack, will it be available in a lossless format like flac or even wav ?
  8. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

I recall Howard mentioning it would be in flac. (Which is preferable to wav in just about any case.)
  9. macbernick

macbernick New Member

Good. Not sure about flac vs wav but it's cool anyway ;D
  10. ryanx1n

ryanx1n Member

A quick question on what forum rights come with the game, does buying alpha access get you into the backers forum or just the alpha forum.

Selfish question as I have alpha but no backers as I did not find out about the kick starter until too late.
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Anyone who purchases ANY PA edition will get access to the Backer's Lounge(but it's basically the same type of threads as General Discussion so just use GD instead) and to get access to the Alpha Subforum you need to purchase either the Galactic or Cosmic Editions.

Mike
  12. ryanx1n

ryanx1n Member

Thanks knight/mike
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

It says "check out interview with the Howard!" On the uber store page below where it says soundtrack download.

I didn't know where to post this.
  14. franco739

franco739 New Member

anyone knows whats the cheapest pledge i can give on the kickstarter to get the Delta Commander?
  15. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

The cheapest way to get the delta now is to buy the cosmic edition off the uber store.

250 bucks currently (with a bunch of physical goodies), but I think Garat said that he was figuring on bringing back the 200 dolla digital only cosmic edition back before the alpha phase is over.

I don't even know if the cosmic edition will be available in the beta or not, now that I think about it.
  16. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

Please be advised that the Kickstarter finished last year, also.