Planetary Annihilation Now Coming When It's Done

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, December 6, 2013.

1. Ash3000k

Ash3000k Member

great news!!
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Can you make a post for me in This forum.
    https://forums.uberent.com/forums/beta-issues-bugs.71/
    Please attach a DxDiag.txt for me and i will see if i can assist in improving performance client side for you :)
    [​IMG]

Have you have tried everything in this thread?
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/how-to-improve-frame-rates-all-video-cards-driver-links.53165/
    drz1 likes this.
  3. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

so it happened, the game got delayed to early 2014, i suspected the game would either release in late December or early 2014, it doesn't matter to me that the game got delayed because i pre-ordered , i would have mattered to me, if didn't pre-order
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  4. rippsblack

rippsblack Member

Good to know <3
  5. omniao

omniao Active Member

I hope "when it's done" isn't tomorrow.
    Not trying to be negative.
  6. comham

comham Active Member

Good to hear.
  7. unix1985

unix1985 New Member

This was the right move, to be honest. Games take years to make if you want to do your vision justice. Congratulations on getting a playable and actually fun client released in such a short time, though. I look forward to seeing what you will do without an arbitrary impending deadline.
  8. unconsumable

unconsumable New Member

Best realistic decision possible, but dint Duke Nukem Forever totally taint the "When its done" mantra?
    Nothing tells about quality like "when Unconsumable says its ready"!
  9. doctorfiet

doctorfiet Member

[​IMG]

Just don't forget the "wait for it" - part ;)
    Raevn likes this.
  10. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Brilliant news, and I think this is the best decision.

Take all the time you need, and everyone will be happy with the result I'm sure.
  11. Cypher10110

Cypher10110 New Member

I'm happy you guys are taking the time and care to make this game the best it can be. As far as I'm concerned, this is good news. I look forward to seeing this game grow and evolve.
  12. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Hope the next big update is before xmas and includes sum big uber gifts (new units, hint hint)
  13. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Good to hear. Now lets see how Uber time works!
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  14. SyTarn

SyTarn New Member

okay a few points i think that the stargate unit will add a good touch to PA considering the galactic warfare and distance between planets, and that will give more access to planets for invasion. just keep in mind that i think the stargate units should be easily capturable by the enemy for counter attacks. but my only question is what new camera type are you thinking of? and why are the thoughts of rethinking orbital have come into play?....that is all
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Great news.

I hate to get off topic, but ask for new units, not only would it be easyish to add to the game now (players if had server could do it), its easy to add whenever. So it is a struggle of "players wanting goodies" opposed to whats more helpful for finishing the game.

I mean, the ground works well enough to have tournaments with gentleman's rules and no orbital, while the orbital is what is least tournament worthy.

That being said, being a courtesy to us for enjoyment, to stifle complaints mildly, and perhaps as a Christmas present, they could throw some unit diversity and UI features in. Just a very little bit, the most asked for stuff.
  16. Dodzylla

Dodzylla Member

I am verry happy, this is a great news.
  17. ShottyMonsta

ShottyMonsta Member

Optimize please, and can we get some nicer lighting, at the moment it's looking a bit washed out.

You know you've made a good game when the only complaint is bad lighting though eh?
  18. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

The game needed it badly. I honestly thought a year of development wouldn't be nearly enough for the game.
  19. 2nv2u

2nv2u Member

Thumbs up! :)
  20. Devak

Devak Post Master General

For the original plan it would've been enough. However, over time things changed and expanded. They have more money at their disposal for development which also means it'll take longer.