Planetary Annihilation Now Coming When It's Done

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, December 6, 2013.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I relayed and posted this over at the Steam forums as well.
    heyiisrandom likes this.
  2. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

Hopefully they won't kick up a ruckus :). Big thumbs up to Uber for announcing this.
  3. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Good stuff.
    Watch as the community is unsurprised and moves on to more interesting threads (like how the new orbital will be implemented?!?!?!)
    Culverin likes this.
  4. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Can we get all the unedited videos of Mavor coding non stop(for a year, as promised)? You know, just to tide us over. Just put it up on Twitch so we can watch it.

Other than that. Take your time, make this game AWESOME!
    rippsblack likes this.
  5. Cryonicfire

Cryonicfire Member

Great. It gives you guys more time to make the game better and look fancy :p
  6. GornNR

GornNR New Member

This is great news as the game is still unable to handle the 40 player matches. Galactic war is still far from working as well.
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Even though I expected this I'm still disappointed. Not that I care really when the game is released but I'm really looking forward to new units. This will more than likely only delay their addition to the game. I would happily play with square triangle and circle units just for a different experience of the game.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Yeah agreed...
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

rather unsuprising... i hope that shuts atleast some of the crybabies and that unneccessary fearmongering down
    evilOlive likes this.
  10. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

This is a great decision I would rather have a well polished and refined game with a long development time than a rushed game with a short time.
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I think that's a little back-to-front. The game is being delayed because things like that aren't ready, rather than they'll be coming late because the game is delayed.
    popededi likes this.
  12. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yes of course. But because they aren't ready, they won't be implemented until later as apposed to real soon. Which is what I'm disappointed about.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  13. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Maybe the units will be implemented real soon?
    Perhaps Uber wants:
    Core units release > Balance > Full Roster > Balance > Game Release

Some of us are over the moon that they would rather deliver a solid product when "ready" instead of patching it with bits of pieces after release.
    popededi likes this.
  14. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

The last Q&A made it sound like new units are still a ways off..awesome to hear orbital being re worked and the delay to make the game uber awesome!
  15. kryten42

kryten42 Member

Good news, and I really want to see the next update now ;)
  16. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you. They are not going to balance things a lot, until all units are in.
  17. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Good decision!
    Hope you have enough money...
  18. purecaldari

purecaldari Member

Hoped for this decision. Take your time,Uber. The game is currently in a great state and I can't wait for the changes in the upcoming patches.
  19. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Will certainly hurt the money income and the business plan due to missed Chrismas sales, but better to loose a few sales than being killed by the reviews.
    Just hope Uber will have enough cash to hold-up until they release the game !
    Damn, i can't buy an other gamekey, already bought too much, and i can't upgrade my pledge.
    World is cruel...
  20. securitytubbs

securitytubbs New Member

Honestly, I'm relieved they made this decision. I have little idea how long it actually takes for the development to progress from the beta's current state to what I imagine the game will be, but I did suspect it would probably take more than until the end of the year.

Then again, I'm not really anxiously waiting for the release, since my current computer probably can't run it properly. It certainly can't run the beta, except as a quite literal slideshow.