Planetary Annihilation LiveStream: April 19th, 2013

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, April 15, 2013.

1. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

I just need to say I am sooooo digging those green wireframes of the under construction units.

Please don't change that!
  2. pelicandude

pelicandude New Member

Anyone else notice the Total A style move, attack, and reclaim icons?
  3. Satch3L

Satch3L Member

I am really impressed so far! Getting more and more eager to play for every livestream! :D
  4. zyddee

zyddee New Member

Thank you Jon Mavor for this nice review.. I believe the things you, and your team, got going with right now is pretty good so far. I'm a pretty big fan of your game Total Annihilation game and I have some good memories of playing that game with my cousin (Believe I was about 15 yrs old,we had some pretty good battles).
    Keep up the good work guys, and don't stop listen to the community :) y know.

*Suggestion: You should maybe make the mini-map as a research requirement. You would have to research it AND future developer it, I would like to see some different tech & researches paths and of course weapons upgrades.* :cool:
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You won't see any of these things outside of user Modifications.
  6. zyddee

zyddee New Member

May be so who knows ;)
  7. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

I think that once they do a livestream with multi-window functionality implemented, it will silence the inane muttering about mini maps. I'm only hoping that it will be very quick and smooth to say, have a small window (PiP?) and click on it to swap with the main window.

xnavigator - as far as limiting the zoom, don't worry so hard about it. I guarantee there will be a mod called 'Shoutcast Mode' which will limit the camera as you like. It only makes sense - any careful producer will want to show off things in the best light, and each recorder will have his own style and settings.
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Did nobody believe me when I said we were inspired by TA?
  9. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Neutrino knows. And he's pretty adamant that there will be no "during the match weapon upgrades" and in the livestream he pretty much spelled out that he thinks Minimaps are too mainstream.

He's a hipster like that ;)

(Neutrino is Jon Mavor, by the way)
  10. Atriosuyria

Atriosuyria New Member

Very cool, love the way things are already heading. Not sure if this has been asked but will mods be divided into UI vs gameplay mods like with SupCom?
  11. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

I´d believe in your words, because you said it very often and sometimes with some emotions ;)
    And I have also seen some similarities with TA .
  12. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yeah, I'm a total hipster with my Spacex t-shirts.

I think we'll have minimap like functionality but not a traditional minimap. If you want more views into the data at different resolutions then split your window.
  13. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Here's a question, regarding animation.

Obviously the standard in-dev disclaimer applies, but do you guys have any plans on what you'd like the final state of animation to be like? I'm especially interested in whether or not you're happy with the classic 'Stiff upper body' look as showcased in Supcom - where the torso simply rotates, and the arms don't actually bend.

I was thinking today that some kind of simplistic IK system for animating the arms extending and pointing at the target would improve the look immensely.
  14. sauceboss

sauceboss Member

So I did math, using his 650m radius figure on the planet, came up with apx 5,300,000 square meters. THATS 5,300 SQUARE KILOMETERS NO WAY. Oh wait, its actually 5.3 square kilometers.

Then I remembered I'm a historian.
  15. crysese

crysese New Member

Yuuuuck. Strongly disagree. They've been experimenting with higher zoom levels in HoTS spectating anyway.
  16. sauceboss

sauceboss Member

You realize that strategic zoom is one of the key features of the game right? This is not a Command and Conquer style RTS.
  17. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

First thing I thought when I saw in game was "this is the true sequel to ta" the way everything looks, the use of higher ground, can't wait to see a full on battle!
  18. taihus

taihus Member

BEHOLD!

Your argument is invalid.
  19. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I would say the bigger reason is.. multiple planets, big solar system. :) If you don't have a pretty flexible zoom, you're gonna have a hard time getting enough info.

At the end of the day, this is NOT Starcraft or anything like it. It is much closer to TA and Sup Com and is intended to be the next iteration in that style of wide ranging, macro game play. Being able to get a lot of information is very important.
  20. syox

syox Member

Dare to touch the zoom guys. I's essential to supcom crowds.

BTW i liked the selection boxes amd their rolling for airplanes.