Planetary Annihilation LiveStream: April 19th, 2013

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, April 15, 2013.

1. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

It was a short but great stream , good work Uber. Keep it up

I loved the "build" effect mostly ;) Needs work but they mentioned it.
  2. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Wonderfull !

Thank you !

I see one major inconvenient with these livestreams, I'm more and more impatient to play the game ! (and I'll have to wait for Beta)
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

It was actually me ineffectively trying to tell them to draw it out further, because I wasn't ready with the demo yet. >.< I didn't have a vid screen, so I didn't realize the camera was on me. Sigh.
  4. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

You butchered that motion so completely, you aced it.
  5. xenomorph555

xenomorph555 New Member

My god, the air factorys... sooooo good
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I started a thread on the tech for these kinds of questions.
  7. soldans

soldans Member

Really loved the replay functionality.

Will you be able to have one of your secondary windows showing a replay while playing in real time in your other window(s)?
  8. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

aaah now I know this was you! :p
  9. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

This stream was short but intense :)

Game is smelling even better day after days !

And the Scathis heads war was awsome...
  10. psychopigeon

psychopigeon New Member

this is best game
  11. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Should become the official loading screen of PA... :p

I edited the video into your OP Garat. Hope you don't mind.
  12. garat

Ah, thanks for the edit, mate. Not thanks for the suggestion. >.<

LOL
  13. atua

atua Member

I hope Nyx is happy with the last bit of footage shown on the video... :)
  14. RCIX

RCIX Member

I'll be 100% honest, I'm not a huge fan of the tiered alpha system :< I bought alpha access, not "5 days before beta" access. That said, it's obviously up to you guys and it's not THAT big a deal.

Everything else looks awesome and I'm looking forward to slaughtering the game's code for my own ideas :D

I would nitpick over the camera angles but I'm assuming those are all adjustable (feels claustrophobic to remain straight-in zoom till so close).
  15. garat

We also never said nor implied "5 days before beta". The intent was simply "you may not be able to buy alpha keys all the way through alpha." We expect to get everyone into the alpha as rapidly as possible. Part of the reason for doing it the way we are, besides as simply "thanks for the support" is it gives us a logical way to ramp up people and servers without buckling under a huge stream of new people until we know the major kinks in the system have been fixed.

Not sure about an exact time frame, obviously, but we have every reason to want to get everyone in as fast as is reasonable.
  16. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

things looks amazing. But please I have one feature-request: limit in some-way the zoom levels like starcraft.

I watched the livestream and while scott was zooming-out-in lots of time it made the streaming much more less enjoyable. This is way starcraft (among other reasons) has such limited zoom.

Thank you.
  17. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

PA =/= SC
    Limited zoom would make managing an army and resources on maps that span multiple planets near-impossible
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

We had that discussion, it makes absolutely no sense to limit the game so it is easier to cast games. Good casters can deal with it, and you should just ignore bad casters. Also with strategic icons added in it will be far easier to not lose track of stuff while zooming and scrolling around.
  19. redplague

redplague New Member

hell ya ...I love it good job ...

can't wait to see asteroid hit that planet :shock:
  20. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

Holy **********!!!!!! that was awesome! I'm dumbfounded and how good the game looks already. I wish they had just kept streaming them playing around for another 30 minutes or so.

That replay system was really cool. I'm wondering if they are planning to allow the game to resume from any point in a replay so players could download other replays and play out other people's games.

I also noticed some of those plateaus were pretty close together and looked like they'd really bottleneck a large ground force. Will have to wait to see what the distribution on a larger planet looks like, but hopefully, larger planets have those more spread out. It looked like the planet was starting to get really crowded with just 1 player building.

edit: I also agree that a minimap wouldn't make sense for this game due to the multiple planets and the fact that they are spheres. I'm not sure how to replace it, but I'd be most concerned about getting information to a player that his scout is seeing a force move out somewhere on the map.