Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. mcglaspie

mcglaspie New Member

Not just UK. Looks like it was indeed delayed. A significant issue must have come up.
    Damn and blast, I was looking forward to getting my hands on PA. *shake fist*
  2. TELunus

TELunus New Member

I'm in Canada, but I can confirm that they pushed back the date the steam store mentions as the release date from the 7th to the 16th earlier today.
  3. fellowplanet

fellowplanet New Member

4. thedreadking

thedreadking New Member

So i have gotten into the alpha, i love what i see so far, but i must admit i have not the know how or the interest in helping sending in bug reports just wanted to try to play the game.

i hope i am not taking up the space of some of the great community people that really do help develop the game, if there are few keys maybe some admin can disable my access and give it to some1 that intends to help get the game buildt :)

gotta say i have high hopes for this game, i just aint a bug hunter, hopes that's okay.

p.s.
    sorry for my piss poor english.
  5. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

I also did an incremental upgrade and didnt get a key- I backed it on the second day.
  6. lightcaster

lightcaster New Member

I ordered directly through Uber Store, as I unfortunately didn't hear about this game while it was in kickstarter. Is today the day for my key (cosmic 250$), or do I have to wait 'til the steam release?
  7. riisos

riisos New Member

You should get it later today, I think only the Steam release was postponed to the 13th on the most recent announcement. And let me be the first to pretend to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS UBER AND PA FANS!!!

Yesterday was my birthday and for my birthday I got the news that I would soon be playing PA, which will also get me through the long dentist appointment I have today. I may just try and talk to my dentist about PA, WHILE he is working on my teeth! I don't care if he can understand me or not! I'm gonna be like "Ahn dhehn 'ou cehn ssoom out 'oo 'ee 'he 'alaxy! Ahn 'ly an a'teroid into a 'lanet!!"
  8. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

So i was given an order id ages ago. What have i got to do now? where and when do i download the game?
    I am in the uk.

Do i have to verify my email? :s
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No verified E-Mail is needed, what do you mean by order id?
    The "You're in alpha"-Mail tells you exactly what to do and expect.
  10. gozoglontz

gozoglontz New Member

i bought the galactic edition , the 90$ one with the alpha , got an email with my order id and that if i bought alpha i will be in alpha soon. do i just have to wait now or what?
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes, you have to wait. You get special email that inform you about alpha access.
  12. lucius7

lucius7 New Member

Is it really 90 dollars to get Alpha Access to PA ? Isn't that a little much.... no sorry a massive hammer of murder to much?
  13. McRib

McRib New Member

still waiting for my Key....

McRib
  14. qwat85

qwat85 New Member

hi all, i just did the same thing :D.
    i readed on FB the yare gonna send a key batch this night out. not sure when its night for them. i love this game :D
  15. Asterisk135

Asterisk135 Member

The point of getting into alpha isn't just to play the game sooner, it's to provide feedback, support Uber Entertainment and to contribute to the game. If you just want to play the game, wait until December. If you want to make the game better, get the alpha. I myself am quite happy to spend $90 to get into alpha because I want to make this game better.

Of course the other thing you should realize is that this sort of thing never happens. We're getting in while the game is in development. If anything, they aren't charging enough. I bet their servers and techs are now feeling the pain of their decision to let so many people play the alpha.

Still, great job Uber!
  16. dieseldog49

dieseldog49 New Member

Friends are getting keys, I have not received one yet. No biggie but just wondering since I backed via paypal, which email will my key be going to? My forum email or my paypal email?

Edit, just got my email, I click on the link it takes to my keys and says "No data available in table" What does this mean?
  17. b0ris

b0ris New Member

its a pain that the UK are so far in front, i took day off for work especially , its 17:31 07/06 and i still haven't received it ...damn it
  18. reznovias

reznovias New Member

Nailed it
  19. b0ris

b0ris New Member

WOOO just got mine through
  20. MadDogTen

MadDogTen New Member

Yes, Because everyone has $90, or, in this case since I already bought the Combat Edition, an extra $50 to spend. I would love to be able to support them and provide feedback while playing the Alpha, I just don't have the money to be able to pay over double the cost of that game to do it.

So please, don't use that as an excuse, Its a stupid one.

Also, Either way there servers were going to be feeling the pain at one point (Be it earlier right now), but the Alpha players are helping them test it out and get the whole system ready (Which a lot of company's do, Like EA with Simcity for example, even though it didn't seem to help much). While they are giving the alpha players a service, The Alpha players are giving them a service.

Anyways, I'm not bashing Uberent, They have there reasons for doing it this way, and I can respect that. I just don't like responses like his, that are saying that you have to spend a ton of extra money to want to provide feedback to the game, which simply isn't true.