Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

LOL my weekend was a total bust- My plan was to bide my time in EveOnline-
    I thought well, when PA comes out I probably wont play this for a while so Ill play all weekend...
    Of course lame *** hackers launched a DDOS attack on the EveOnline servers and they took them offline for most of the weekend... :evil:
    So instead.. I had to spend time with my wife! :x
  2. deso88

deso88 Member

This happend to me aswell. I can feel your pain.
  3. sab0t

sab0t Member

is an issue/bug tracker already in place for alpha? done some poking around but haven't been able to find anything yet.

it would be nice to see the structure of the planned tracker - i'm actively part of a few now at various levels of reporting, and the past two have been a bit shaky (any reporter capable of setting issue severity/priority, moderated only through a vote system), so i'm curious what's in place here
  4. nakobg

nakobg New Member

Maybe, since they are using agile, they have something like this set up:http://www.telerik.com/agile-project-management-tools/feedback-portal.aspx

Or some similar tool. Hopefully, all will be revealed soon :)
  5. DeadJohnny

DeadJohnny New Member

I've not be playing anything but a little Field Runners 2 to distract myself from not having the Alpha.

I bought a new iMac and I'm completely Windows free for the first time and years so please tell me that the Mac OS beta arrives at the same time as the Windows version does.
  6. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

In regards to bug tracking- I see alot of people getting (probably over)excited about the whole thing. Methinks PA has an idea of what info they want to collect and how they will do so- just because this started as a kickstarter campaign doesnt mean this is these guys first rodeo.
  7. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

as to Alpha release if it were me- Id send out the emails late at night to allow the few late-nighters to get in and begin monitoring performance. Then it will ramp up consistently as the rest wake up per time zone and begin logging in. But thats just me speculating- maybe it will be this afternoon :mrgreen:
  8. teradyn

teradyn Member

It will not, and I hope that Planetary Annihilation is one of the few games you plan to play because a Mac only setup is a very-very poor choice if you play computer games. Hell, even Linux is only just recently starting to get any attention from the major graphics providers.
  9. warlockgs

warlockgs Member

I as well. I was all pumped up and ready for a supercapital fight and then.....sigh.
  10. HazardsSoul

HazardsSoul New Member

It was probably TEST fail-cascading :smug:
  11. deso88

deso88 Member

Would have happend way earlier then.
  12. Blocwizard

Blocwizard New Member

so if i bought Planetary annihilation on Friday June 7th (when early access on steam comes) when will i get a Key for the game presuming that i got the $90 version?

Or if i buy it on steam will i get the Pre-order bonus?
  13. Blocwizard

Blocwizard New Member

ME

PS i dont know how quotes work on the forms if it is wrong
  14. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

Doing sexy times? :p
  15. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

And now it got awkward....
  16. lordmd

lordmd Member

I know and I support this. Would be bad there were some actual gameplay advantage for people that paid more. Still I want to know what I get for the money.

I know there is the old Kickstarter page and the descriptions and in some later "News" posts on Kickstarter they announced they changed something.

So is this the correct list:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659 ... sts/307450

Says for 90 the Progenitor commander and then some additional "Alpha" Commander...
    at their website it says af FAQ ( http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq/ ) all backers at 90+ get a "Delta" Commander so is this "Delta" Commandr the new name of the "Alpha" Commander mentioned on the Kickstarter(and they just did not have a real name back then?)

And Theta = Progenitor? Or are there 4 commanders: Theta, Delta, Progenitor and Alpha?

Also: Are there any official news when Alpha will start? Heard it will start a bit earlier for backers but we have not heard anything official the last few days. I want to make sure I'm ready then and have a lot of free time that day.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

neurtino's posts are the most official news available, in short they are still working on a few bugs that make the game crash too much, which delayed their original plan to release alpha on friday.

src: search.php?author_id=53&sr=posts
  18. mzhg

mzhg Member

Same here :D
  19. doud

doud Well-Known Member

by friday you mean coming friday ? :cry:
    and by the way, will alpha key be sent simply based on earliest founders or also on the amount which was donated ?
  20. khazar1

khazar1 Member

31.05. Is the Friday he means. It was an option but they have too many crashes for now so it was delayed and now we will see when it will come out from now to the 7th.

Alpha roll out rules:
    1. Kickstarter/PayPal > preorder
    2. Amount > point of time