Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

If you bought the game from us in any form, you will get your keys from us. What you then chose to do with them (Stay on UberNet or move your key to Steam) is then up to you.

All will be made clear when we start sending out mails and letting people know to hop in. Trust me, we have no intention of upsetting people.. Well, any more than they will just manage to do on their own, anyway. ;-)
  2. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Will moving you key be a limited time thing, or just an ongoing offer? Also, I'm curious if converting keys costs you guys anything....
  3. rimizak

rimizak Member

Another thing...will the updates for steam and uber servers be any different? EX Uber will get the update 1 day sooner? I know both will get the same content, but which is more reliable? I suppose what im getting at is which is the all around better to go with.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Having them be different would be a nightmare for us. It may take an extra 10 minutes to get the client updated to steam, but everything will be running pretty much in lockstep, or I might go utterly insane. Well, more insane.

Steam Keys: We expect to offer key exchanges for an unlimited length of time. No real reason why we would stop, unless Valve asks us to. And no, to my knowledge, offering a key exchange doesn't cost us anything, other than the development work we had to do to enable it. :)
  5. rimizak

rimizak Member

Thanks so much Garat for answering my constant questions. I'm sure everything will work out when the alpha keys are shipped.
  6. Satrack

Satrack New Member

It's this week people!!
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Hopefully !!!! :D
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yey. Damn those 9 hours of time difference between Uber and me. It's Monday afternoon and I have nothing to do :S
  9. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Yeah screw my workplace and its lush policies about surfing! :lol:

Man this week is crazy for me, getting send my gc which is better than Nvidia titan @stock and PA alpha? Who needs Christmas?! :twisted:
  10. tallbloke

tallbloke New Member

Are we assuming that alpha starts today?
  11. cola_colin

Let's prey to whatever gods we all believe in for it to be soon. ;)
  12. ploptops

ploptops New Member

i think it will be tommorow, alpha steam rollout is the 7th, weve been told all alpha peeps will have access before steam rollout so that means before friday but after the weekend.
  13. deso88

deso88 Member

I certainly hope so. :D
  14. teradyn

teradyn Member

Lets hope for today.
  15. khazar1

khazar1 Member

According to your suggestion I rather feel sorry for your gods. ;) :p
  16. emowhiterobot

emowhiterobot New Member

come on PA, I need to hear some good news!
  17. barmaj

barmaj New Member

I can just see the entire Planetary Annihilation Alpha community sitting at their computers twiddling their thumbs just waiting for something to show up in their inbox. Lol. Alpha won't be amazing but goodness gracious will it be "awsome!" Despite the multiplicity of bugs and crashes. :lol:
  18. fraggdya

fraggdya New Member

/me breathes into a paper bag :mrgreen:
  19. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Anyone else not been playing anything, because they have been waiting for this?
  20. cola_colin

Quite the opposite: I have started to play FA and StarCraft 2 again after a break to kill time before PA launches. I am also playing around with the Ouya I got a week ago.