Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. savvon

savvon Member

They do! They get exactly 2 hours sleep a night.

That's plenty of 'time off' for a game developer. :ugeek:
  2. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

I'm curious, how many commanders will be there in alfa
  3. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Probably just the Delta for the time being... it's the only one we've seen in the Livestreams at any rate. No idea if they'll add in anything more than the Delta, but I'd say mid to late Alpha before we get anything more than that.
  4. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

I'd assume at least one more, since not everyone in alpha will have the delta. Perhaps the theta commander.
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You're assuming that the current "Delta" is something more than a placeholder, correct? I'm not ready to make that assumption... yet.

We'll see... in time.
  6. Zoughtbaj

Zoughtbaj Member

True, it could simply be a placeholder until they get more commanders fleshed out. And assuming does have issues. I just figured that since the delta only goes to some and not all of the alpha players as a reward, they would have a commander that everyone could use. Otherwise, they're going to take the delta away from everyone who doesn't own it at some point :(

EDIT: yes, you're completely right. 's up in the air at the moment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  7. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

in my preorder for the cosmic ed, there is the theta, delta, alpha and progenitor listed. My guess would be delta (since it's been revealed) and the alpha.
  8. therishka

therishka New Member

9. khazar1

khazar1 Member

I got the 90$ kickstarter package, can't I buy extra keys(beta, game) in the store with that? How many initial keys do I have? Very mysterious. :D
  10. backyardsniper

backyardsniper New Member

1 Key I should assume. I have not seen an option to buy more keys in the current store. IIRC this was possible only during the original fulfillment phase.
  11. khazar1

khazar1 Member

This is in the FAQ of the shop:
    "I was an early backer, do I need to pre-order too?
    No. Your early backing was your pre-order, as long as you backed at least $20 (or $15 for the limited offer option). You can still buy additional keys to share, if you wish."

And I remember them saying that to another person too. But I can't find a way to do that. ^^
  12. lordmd

lordmd Member

So I bought the 90$ kickstarter and I can play alpha, correct?
    What about the steam page? Players that want to play there and download from there and have not bought anything yet will have to pay 200$ (like that cosmic edition) and later if it goes beta they have to play less if they only want to get into beta?

Edit: Oh wait 90... so it is in the 90 edition too. Somehow it seems i was on an old page earlier where the 90 edition on uber webpage did not show 90. It is 90 if you buy here or 90 if you buy steam to get into alpha?

What is the advantage of early backers over people that buy only now for 90? Is it only that Delta commander? Somewhere mentioned backers at 90+ get it and if you want to get it now it only shows in the 200$ edition.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes.

Yes, but when you buy directly from Uber store they get more money. And they can give you Steam key after.

All backers who paid more than 50$ get "Progenitor" Commander, it's only available to backers.
    But you need to understand: these commanders won't change game balance.
  14. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

When will the first batch of keys go out? Being that it is so close to time, I imagine you guys have a pretty good idea of when. The reason I ask is so I know if I should keep checking my email this weekend.
  15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's happen when Uber will able to do that. It's not easy to calculate how much cpu/ram/bandwidth will be used when big amount of people join the alpha.
    They won't fail at start, so probably there won't be a one big batch.
  16. relapse808

relapse808 New Member

I remember the kickstarter for the 40 dollar tier saying there was alpha and beta access. Is this correct, did you change this after I pledged????? I wouldnt have donated 40 bucks if I wasnt getting alpha access and really will make me question kickstarting anything again.
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I believe alpha access was $90 and up.
  18. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I am a kickstarter supporter from the very beginning and the Alpha was always for $90 and up... never less.
  19. crseth

crseth Member

So tomorrow is the last day of May! :eek: I can't wait any longer! :!:
  20. Baleur

Baleur Member

I literally can't wait. :shock: :D :oops: :evil: