Planetary Annihilation Alpha Information

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, April 19, 2013.

1. shandlar

shandlar Member

It seems extremely unlikely that Uber could offer early access steam on the 7th and then not give the people immediate access if they buy it.

That says to me with some certainty that everyone from the KS, and all the preorders since will get their alpha keys on or before the 7th of June.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It was already confirmed that the non-steam alpha will start before the 7th. How much before? Unknown, sadly. Lets pray it is in may, as it was said at some point :S

It has also been said that they want to get everyone in asap, so if there are no problems there should not be a long (no weeks) delay between the first and the last person getting their keys.
    If there are no problems. If the first few testers report problems that make the game unplayable it will obviously have to be delayed.
  3. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

I'm sure they will let us know if there are any issues before hand.
  4. Shireknight

Shireknight Member

I have no real interest in the Alpha or the Beta to be honest but at $20 I'd pay right now but don't worry there is no way it will only be $20 :lol:
  5. backyardsniper

backyardsniper New Member

They've said it will be priced similarly to the pre-order packages that offer alpha access.
  6. terrormortis

terrormortis Member

alpha access will cost 90$ on steam!
  7. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Well now uber. It's the end of may.. so yeah, do your worst! ^^
  8. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Technically it's not the end of May until Friday... and we never said all Alpha users would get it by then. June 7th however...
  9. dude86

dude86 Member

well I'm not going top make a fuss over a few days. I am just dieing to see this in action. a question in the meantime. you said once you go for steam that Uber net would not be an option. Are hosted games visable on both? And what would be the most awoke option (Uber net I guess)?

*steam
  10. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Im assuming that the servers used would be the same for both steam and their downloader. Basically steam would just be an alternate login client. Different way to access the same thing.

As for when the server code goes public, I imagine it will be something like COD:MW3's dedicated server listed under "tools" in my steam lib, and would also communicate with uber's servers if you wanted to make it public.
  11. zenomaddog

zenomaddog Member

Is there going to be another live stream before the 7th? for the Alpha release?
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Consaidering they're about to roll out Alpha, I doubt they'd have anything specific ready, but I can see them doing a quick rundown for the Alpha once the distribution is running smoothly.

Mike
  13. khazar1

khazar1 Member

I'm just going to ignore the sting and mention since we talk about time periods and not single days, the end of may is the last days of a month not just the last day and since I'm not a nagging sad person I simply heralded the end of may. *puts better knower glasses down* <- it's a German thing

And since I already know all the rest you said there, well I'm looking forward to the roll out and let myself be surprised when my batch is out. ^^
  14. cola_colin

Technically friday 23:59:59 would still be "late may". In fact if I should receive a mail at that time, I would be very very very pleased.

EDIT: Considering UBER's timezone for me that would be something like 7:59:59 in the morning on saturday 1.6. I'd still get up for it early. xD
  15. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I hope its out soon. Even though they havent really released alot of information about it, Im gonna mod the heck outta the Alpha :p
  16. shandlar

shandlar Member

Its really hard to know just how much mod support there will be for the Alpha. I also suspect daily, or semi daily updates/tweaks to practically every aspect of the Alpha client that would likely break any mod you attempt. Seems a bit futile to me tbh, but go nuts if you don't mind debugging each day before playing your mod.

Also its near certain uber isn't going to release the server software for lan games and offline mode until the (December) release. Mavor said himself that as soon as that is released the game is uncontrollable and will be pirated, etc etc. Right now, I'd expect not to have access to any server functions for modding until then to stave off disappointment.
  17. savvon

savvon Member

I personally am hoping for an alpha email by the weekend. But if I have to wait till the 7th, I have to wait.

Either way, it is almost here and I am very excited!
  18. cola_colin

Thinking logically it would not make sense to release the first keys on friday. They would basically give people the game and then go into weekend, thus having nobody at the uber-office to support the probably buggy first version of the game.
  19. savvon

savvon Member

I don't know why people assume game developers have weekends off. lol

There are no days off this close to alpha! :mrgreen:
  20. cola_colin

You need time off to work efficiently actually.