Planet to sun as a form of destruction

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tiberiusxix, May 17, 2014.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Ok I've thought about this for a while now and I can see that implementing something like this in the game may require a lot of work (This includes balancing and implementation in the first place).

And Brian I just re-read your post now and I think I understand what you were trying to argue. My counter to that is that the player may not want to smash one planet into another as that would result in the loss of 2 planets worth of resources instead of just one, and this may become detrimental to that player in the end.

Overall at this point in time i'm not fully against the idea but neither am I going to support it as I can see ups and downs to it.

In the mean time Ill just make the occasional comment which may oppose or support the idea.(In other words im on the fence about the topic atm)
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

they can't stick to that, they just can't. It's too much of a darn shame for this game if you can only move small moons.. then their whole hailley tug-of-war idea goes out the window.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

[​IMG]
    >

[​IMG]
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It could still possible, but would require some pretty fundamental changes to the game balance/mechanics and frankly Halley Tug-of-War thing wasn't really that interesting as a mechanic anyways, as a thought experiment maybe.

Mike
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

all depends on the way the entire game is conceived.

It could be very fun.

imagine having to rate all by yourself a hailey as a bigger priority target than a commander.

And trying to send out a full force attack to take a well defended one down.
  6. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

huh...... imagine throwing our planets THROUGH the star to get another planet.... to be honest it'd probably just be a bug or misstep but if it took a literal approach to gameplay it could wipeout all units and preemptively turn the planet into a lava planet, which could be a gigantic explosive ball of magma? iuno..