Planet Smashing is strategy, or is it?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Arachnis, March 23, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The problem I find people are having, is that they feel the best way to invade a planet is with an army, and that asteroid orbital bombardment is the last resort.

No, asteroid bombardment is a weapon of first, and mostly only use.

You don't sacrifice 10,000 units in a invasion attempt, when one little rock will do the job in one go.

You don't storm a planet without throwing a bomb through the door first.

For instance, during my last game, I noted that all but one planet was usable for bombardment, and so the plan was to use each roid to clear the next, and then the next, and so on down the line till there was the main planet and one asteroid left that was jut cleared by the previous asteroid.

And then completely finish the fight by having a commander and orbital vanguard flee the last asteroid as it demolishes the rest of the system.

Planetary Annihilation, in a nut shell really.

Asteroids shouldn't be clearing main planets either, they should be just the first step, before your guys send boots onto my ground.
    lapsedpacifist and ArchieBuld like this.
  2. doctoraxel

doctoraxel Active Member

Tier 2 portal? Interesting. I'm imagining something built by the Orbital Fabricator, but actually in orbit. Link it to a terrestrial teleporter and just rain dudes onto an enemy's world...