Planet Native Civilizations

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by felipec, August 21, 2012.

1. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i think that i would be cool to add remains of organic or destroyed cities would be cool
  2. tacticalsushi49

tacticalsushi49 New Member

It could coincide with random events that make the start game more varied like spaceships that crash so are rich in resources if reclaimed .
    It would encourage people fight for key items
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Too much work for something that isn't needed. At most, just add a civilian faction like in SupCom. This isn't Spore.

Giant sandworms however, are ok.
    arsene likes this.
  4. phoenix2700

phoenix2700 New Member

Hmmm. I'd say maybe add neutral critters that may be hostile upon seeing a player, or hostile only when provoked. But be sure to keep their "search" radius (or roaming distance) small so they don't impact game play too much. Oh, and make the neutral critters customizable from the system manager; they could be huge wandering beasts or annoying pests.

It would add flavor to the game.
  5. v4skunk84

v4skunk84 Active Member

WORM SIGN! The sleeper has awoken.
    Dune2 was my first RTS I played when I was like 5 year old.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Not depth. Complexity. It would be confusing for there to be an AI faction just sitting around a couple of metal spots next to a lake. I wouldn't notice or pay attention to it, honestly.
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Enslave?
    Like... People? Or at least sentient species?
    What in gods name would enslavement of mushy meat species do for robots capable of digital fabrication??
    Are they going to take fifty hours to make a wooden doxen constructing assembly line that pumps out one dox every 20 minutes?
    Geers likes this.
  8. Geers

Nobody ever thinks about this. Why the hell would aliens enslave us? If they can travel between stars what use do they have for squishy organics?
    Last edited: March 6, 2014
  9. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Just going to come in late in here as I think it's relevant. Uber anounced in the all-day liverstream that pre-built structures will be in the game as part of the planet generation at some point. Now whether or not this means its going to be in the game before its officially released or post launch additions to the terrain is another matter, wont be new or advanced civilizations or anything like that, but sort of got the impression is was more like a long and past civilization thats been long gone and the ruins are what remains as part of the landscape for planets in some way or another.
    wheeledgoat likes this.
  10. Devak

Devak Post Master General

rampant damaged AI would be cool (e.g, groups of tanks patrolling the area)
  11. Choromakolo

Choromakolo Member

Then just make a special planet like it was old Earth that is half destroyed in the war in space.... or old ''Temple'' that you can capture and if u captured all of them u can get a special buff or something.. Just some idea's that came up when i was reading this thread haha.
  12. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

We...need..critters
    They add depth and an interesting cenario plus they dont require much work
  13. sypheara

sypheara Member

Critters would be hilarious to add.

Especially if reclaiming them gave mass and energy.
  14. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

It would add a nice feel to things if we had random planets populated by indigenous species in galactic war, so the galaxy isn't just a couple machine commander factions trying to wipe each other out.

Think of Stargate SG-1's Goa'uld ruled galaxy where there are a couple forgotten planets giving home to a few civilisations that managed to advance to a point where they can fight back for a minute or two before being annihilated.(Or you know, turn Jaffa around and build BC-304s:)

It'd definitely add a bit of depth and feel, from a lore standpoint, and would make the galaxy less sterile and such.

Of course these factions wouldn't have to behave as a normal AI faction, maybe they'd have some population centers they'd be protecting and such, but not engaging offensively.

Of course being able to enable/disable this feature would be a must.
  15. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

You do not understand. Those are *HUGE* trees. Kidding :p

I totally support ancient or pre-existent civilizations. Perhaps ancient artifact.

But I also thing that those stuffs will come with mods.

Anyway, great suggestions all over this thread.

For the record, my favorite will always be a Dune's mod.
    sypheara likes this.
  16. onyxia2

onyxia2 Member

We should add the Zerg race from SC that swarms to fight against on a planet named Char :p
  17. Geers

[​IMG]

Or bust.
    ryan375 and sypheara like this.