Performance in v61250/61450

Discussion in 'Support!' started by zaphodx, February 20, 2014.

1. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

I get around 0.5s of freezing on average each time an explosion happens. Losing my team's last com caused a 45 second freeze due to the explosions. This GPU offloading thing must be real bad for my computer.
  2. dogyaut

dogyaut Member

Performance improved on my R9 290X Tri-X and i5-4670k 4,2Ghz - Guys don't play un Uber settings...they eat a lot of performance (mostly shadows, HDR and Texture)

Playing on 1920x1080 @120hz

Virtual Texture High
    Headlight Uber
    Shadows Medium
    HDR on
    FXAA
    Resolution 0

Max FPS 120
    Avg FPS 50
    Min FPS 25

Me + 4 AI at 3 Planets

It got better...but FPS for this kind of PCs are too low. But still good work Uber, keep it up ;)
    Last edited: February 22, 2014
  3. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Patch 61250 ran beautifully, patch 61450 makes the game unplayable for me.

*horrible lag
    *Units teleporting (they disappear and reappear farther away in the map)
    *gunships are now broken. they dont listen to orders, they do not orientate correctly (they flip upside down)

this is all very strange to me, because ive had zero issues in pa until this latest build......ill submit a couple a bug tickets later on. please roll the game back to 61250.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I played a game the other day and holy crap the sim FPS didn't ever move above 11. There's something wrong here.
  5. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

Crashes every time I try and queue a pelter using hots build (so shift+V) pretty much crashes every time I press them.
  6. istarei

istarei New Member

Had the exact same problem. Solved it by changing the PiP hotkey ( "V" ) to P in the Settings menu. So just replace every V with a letter of your choice and you should be fine.

It should be mentioned that this is most probably a problem caused by the mod not the new build.
    Last edited: February 22, 2014
  7. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Sim FPS is supposed to sit at 10. Don't worry about that ^^
  8. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Sorry for double,

Shift V is for the PiP to swap your main screen with the PiP, so that is obviously causing a clash
  9. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Oh ok, well the rest of the FPS counters fell dramatically as well. I just though sim was the most relevent here.
  10. psytric

psytric New Member

Here is the DxDiag. Thanks.

Changing the settings individually made minimal impact. Adding AA was catastrophic. Removing HDR had the biggest impact but the final result was still only about 12 fps at game start, again moving quickly to 2-4fps.

Just to add, I am not experiencing any of the black screen issues mentioned here. Just low client FPS.

I will prepare an uberprobe upload for the relevant thread. Thanks for that.

Attached Files:

11. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

@Psytric

Uninstall and reinstall your graphics driver appears to be an issue if it.
    Your driver appears to be out of date here's the newest one.
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/73218

Also depending on your settings PA could be using more VRAM then you have. That could be causing the performance hit.
  12. psytric

psytric New Member

Weird. WHQL 334.89 is what I have, installed on the day of the patch. Must have borked somehow.

Thanks I'll try it.
  13. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Playing in window mode could give you more performance. The black screen issue has to do with mods something was tweaked and that occurred. Uberprobe, that would greatly help them.

DxDiag showing that the driver was from several months in the future.:confused:

You're welcome.
  14. xfinrodx

xfinrodx New Member

Just tried to play with another person. Major particle performance problems on his machine.

ctrl+p to get the performance panel up, here's the screenies of my performance vs. his. He was using medium settings, no AA or anything, and the building goo brought his computer to its knees. (GTX470 + i7 3.3) Mine was fine (GTX Titan, i7 4.0).
    1/3ms particleworld updates for me, building several things.
    63ms particleworld updates for him building 2 things.
    The particles are gorgeous, I'd just like to have the game still work on GTX 470's :).

grigori.jpg ph3re.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: February 23, 2014
  15. DragonLost

DragonLost New Member

I haven't played in a few months, and the last matches I had were weird, both on my laptop and my gaming pc. my laptop could always run it fine (even during early HDR), smooth as butter always. but now both are choppy, and i noticed on my gaming PC no matter how many units are in play, my CPU (stock i7 4770K)never seems to go above 25% and seems to hang around 16-19%.

Does PA only need one core to run? did it always use one core? can it use more?
  16. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Worse for me too.
  17. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

I was having the same problem and lost most of my fps from previous builds in 61250/61450. However, after i disabled all mods and updated drivers I got it back to 50-55 fps on a 3 planet system (600 radius and 2 300 radii moons) even 15 minutes in. Once I got 1000 units I got down to 17fps (which isn't too bad to the eye - not very jerky). I hope this helps.

EDIT: This was on full graphics with AA and HDR on.
  18. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Well I think PA dosent support multicore's yet, but it will come :)
  19. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Well 61450 seems to be much better for me. Looking around 25 fps midgame with fxaa and shadows off. Still need to do a lot more testing but 450 seems to be better than it has been in a very long time.
  20. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I think the performance is okay, in the games current state, but I have a problem believing we will see 50000-100000 units in the final version of the game. Performance is the only doubt I have about this game, Im sure Uber will handle all the other thinks great.
    bradaz85 likes this.