People really want a save feature

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by killerkiwijuice, January 11, 2015.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Nope, your logic is flawed.

Alt-F4 is deliberately closing the game to avoid a loss, a save game saves the GW for later use, even if you went on to later lose that GW, you could reload a new galactic war from that save with the same set up, turns taken, and cards available.
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

and both options allow you to replay a GW match, which is supposed to be not allowed.
  3. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

I can't tell if you are a troll just trying to rile people up by saying incredibly stupid things or if you are sincere and just incredibly stupid. Trouble is, I won't get a mature response from either of those options.
  4. theseeker2

Don't get your panties in a bunch just because you can't keep your machine on overnight. That's your problem, not Uber's, and it's kind of selfish to try and make it Uber's problem.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think we all would profit from just accepting each other viewpoints and stay quiet.
    trialq, cptconundrum and lokiCML like this.
  6. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Sure sure, but I just disagree with leaving your pc on all the time in principle so it was relevant to me.
  7. Geers

Geers Post Master General

So how many other games opt for the "just leave your machine on" path instead of an actual save feature? I need to know this so I can boycott them for being unbelievably unprofessional.
  8. theseeker2

You won't find any - but then, Uber has to fix other things before they worry about the playerbase's incompetence
  9. Geers

Are you listening to yourself? This isn't incompetence. Nowhere in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF GAMING has anyone run into a situation where in order to "save" your progress you had to keep the program running and the PC on. It's an utterly insane proposition and if an actual dev told their customers to do this they'd set their offices on fire.
    drz1 likes this.
  10. ReddWolff

ReddWolff Member

It's Academic now! Uber obviously think that it is important and they also say it is their most requested feature! :) :)
  11. theseeker2

But the save feature isn't important, the current state of galactic war is a testament to the ridiculous demands for ladder, saves, and balance over core features, it must STOP.
    nawrot likes this.
  12. theseeker2

Doesn't make them right.
  13. Geers

Yes it is. Not everyone has 9 hours a day to sit down and play. Not to mention how immensely useful it would be for all sorts of mod and bug testing.

It's not up to you to decide what's "right".
    squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  14. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

Just make it possible you can make 1 save file for galactic war. Last night i was playing galactic war and all the games before where finished in 10 a 15 min. So i had time for 1 more. But no then i had to fight 2 commanders on different planets with almost no metal (6 metal spots per planet). After half an hour i clicked surrender probably i lost everything nice. So now i need to calculate 1 hour for a match.

Thats not good.
  15. theseeker2

It's not a decision, it's an absolute.
    Additionally, I can reasonably assume that everyone here can afford to keep their machine on for 9 hours.
  16. Geers

Irrelevant. I can restart my computer, but that doesn't mean the game doesn't need an exit button. I cut the power to my house, but that doesn't mean the builders ought to give up on light switches.
  17. cola_colin

Looking at the weird on/off switches of all screens (touch-based no switch at all) they would probably try if some designer tells them it looks nice :s
    Good thing these exist
    [​IMG]
    Though the quality of the switches often is quite bad. I think I broke like 3 or 4 in the last few years.
  18. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

19. theseeker2

The difference here is that it takes more effort to click save and load than it does to just leave the machine on - and it wastes Uber's time.
  20. cola_colin

Even if I were to totally ignore the fact that leaving my computer on wastes tons of energy for nothing and that it reduces the longitivity of it I would still have to shut it down. My computer is roughly 3 meters from the location where my head is resting when I am sleeping and I like to sleep in a quiet room. My computer is not quiet, because my speakers are louder anyway.