Penalize players for leaving match

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by wubnasty, August 13, 2010.

1. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Please. Twice I've joined a crossfire match today to lose before I could even choose my character. This wasn't an issue the last two days, but is everyone quitting out at the last moment before losing now? Sheesh.
  2. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

Well, maybe you got a bit unlucky and joined a few bad games. Most of the games I been in everyone stayed in, Even if they had a losing streak.

But penalizing player for leaving the game won't be the way to go. Sometimes those players have good reasons for leaving the match like losing connection and what not.
  3. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Unlucky, definitely. There certainly seems to be an increasing amount of people leaving (watch for the messages on people leaving when the game is about to end). It's getting tough to get into a good string of matches. With so many people quitting, lobbies close, and the process just repeats itself. There's got to be some sort of solution to discourage all the quitting. It's getting close to the point where the time waiting to get into a game is equaling the time actually played. grumble grumble
  4. Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z New Member

I haven't noticed this, but I do leave if the match is really laggy from the start. (Lag + Precision needed to use Assassin = Bad.) I don't sit around until the end to do it though.
  5. SaberJ

SaberJ New Member

My only problem is getting in one of these games only to have the host leave immediately as you go back to the lobby, which disbands the game. If I have to lose immediately and then waste time waiting for the game to end, I at least want to get into the next game rather than going through the process all over again. Which is what happened today. I joined a game for the last minute. Lost. Host quit. Found a new game for the last 30 seconds. Lost. Host quit right as the game ended (Rather than in the lobby). The game migrated to a new host, which took 1 minute. The game restarted for 1 second, then sent me back to the post game stats. Then the Host quit again. Talk about annoying.

It's funny how host migration works in the game, but not in the lobby. They got the difficult part done, but missed the simple thing.
  6. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

The only time ill leave if its a join in progress and our party is split, the game is lagging badly, or I have to leave... other than that I dont see a reason to leave without the game ending first, I want mah money.
  7. Evil Lemon325

Evil Lemon325 New Member

Then ban then from playing a game for ten minutes. If they had a legitimate reason, like dinner or an apointment, it won't hurt them at all.
  8. Acosta02

Acosta02 New Member

Nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo I get dropped from games all the time and it would be INCREDIBLY frustrating to not be able to get back into a game because somebody had a terrible network.
  9. Evil Lemon325

Evil Lemon325 New Member

The system can't tell a deliberate quit from a lag out? c'mon.
  10. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Yeesh, been playing 2 hours today and haven't had 2 matches in a row. Can't even imagine how much progress is being lost because of poor sports. I like the idea of a lockout for quitting though, but it'd be better if a hand reached out from their screen and bitch slapped them instead.

It's compounded by the fact that each time it happens, there's a good chance you'll be placed onto a losing team from previous quitters. It's a vicious cycle. The game has been almost unplayable today. Normally, I'd quit playing a game with problems like this, but the game is too damn fun. A week from now? The 360 will probably just be turned off instead.
  11. Turnip

Turnip New Member

I don't agree with the 10 minute thing. Sometimes im lagging awfully, but the connection holds. So then I quit and join a new server.

A better idea:
    Gives a "Quitters Tax" to your overall cash. + You still don't get your current winnings.
    -500 at level 1-10
    -1,500 at level 11-20
    -3k at level 21-30

Numbers obviously need tweaking.
    I can deal with a little lost revenue, but I hate the lobby wait-time already. 10 minutes would be torture.
  12. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Add a grace period (level 0=1-3) to that system and a way for it to forgive your tax over time and I'm all for it. Maybe something like 1 disconnetion forgiven per day.
  13. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

That all seems overly complicated. Can't we figure out a way to have people's controllers explode in their lap? Now that would be effective!
  14. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I don't think they should penalize ppl for leaving. Let them leave. You can get ppl that want to play the game in faster.

I leave only when not all of my party members got into the game, it's too laggy, or i'm playing solo and get invited to the game.
  15. EthanCrad

EthanCrad New Member

Slightly irrelevant but on the same track. I also downloaded Hydro Thunder Hurricane, the boat racing game. I joined a game with only me and the host, who was a very good racer. Luckily I'd played the game alot more than him and so I knew the best routes on the track. This caused me to overtake him alot and then at times he'd overtake me. It was very competitive but just as I was about to come first, HOST ENDED GAME. This just goes to show how people are such bad losers that they cant accept the fact that they lost and better luck next time. So many times now I have joined a game where I havent had time to leave the safe spot and lost. Never have I joined at the end and won.

I think that people that leave the game should not receive any lifetime earnings for that match, and their kills, deaths and protags will not be credited. Their should be a warning saying that they will be letting their team down when they press quit game. Sometimes I will quit the game as I am regularly called by my parents to do chores, and I think this is a fair way to try and stop rage quitters and I know that if I have unlocked a really good protag, I will continue to play no matter what the emergency.
  16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell New Member

I've only left when the lag was unbearable, or this one time where 3 players were sniping and the other 2 were assassins. Obviously they didn't care about a team game, only kills. If my entire team doesn't even care that we have a guaranteed loss, then fergedaboudit.
  17. Chompzilla

Chompzilla New Member

Seriously. Its a 70% of the time kinda deal. People are constantly rage quitting. Take away their custom classes or something.
  18. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

This.

I go into games with friends in a party and 30 seconds into it we notice NOTHINGS FREAKING WORKING! Bullets come out late, people teleport, blah blah, no thanks to those games.

If I had been penalized for everytime my friends and I quit out of a super laggy match...psh I wouldn't even know in what shape I'd be in.