PC-style crosshairs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Epiphenomenon, December 14, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I assume you are using a texture for the crosshairs?
  2. Epiphenomenon

Epiphenomenon New Member

Yes, because creating a distribution over which your fire is spread makes precise centering of your weapon such a useless task. :roll: I mean, why even aim at all?

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'd understand that for perhaps giving people an introduction into the accuracy of each weapons, but custom crosshairs are always a nice touch if you ever feel like getting around to it. :p Even when I play Heavy on TF2 I use the most accurate crosshairs possible to maximize to probability of hitting a target. Most shooters (that I know of) have custom crosshairs, and it'd be a nice touch. :D
  3. PKC

PKC New Member

Because big console crosshairs look like balls.
  4. Col_Jessep

pkc, please remember your promise... ;)
  5. PKC

PKC New Member

Im not being abusing anyone, I am just giving my opinion on the massively huge reticles traditionally used in conjunction with gamepad-based games ;)
  6. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The dot (or line in the case of the uzi) are texture based and printed on the screen 1:1 with the pixels. The accuracy circle is generated dynamically so it can scale to any size so it doesn't get blurry when it gets big or on high resolutions.
  7. Col_Jessep

Thanks! Hmm, maybe we can make a UI mod for the crosshairs. Although so far I had no problems in the xbox version. Except for the Gunner but I guess thats just me.