PC Rig Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by thebigpill, April 21, 2014.

1. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Im acaully putting alot of time into reading the post. I know i suck in english, letters in general. do i care, abit. alot? no!
    atlest im trying!
  2. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

The thing is, and I don't know whether this is on purpose, you come across as a bit aggressive, so yea, people are going to be aggressive to you as well, you get what you give.

Anyway, if you ever have any questions on English, I consider myself to be quite gifted when it comes to languages, so you can always ask me anything.

Edit: Also, I think you should care more, because as I said in the deleted posts, it's seriously hard to understand what you're trying to say sometimes. It's in your own interest for people to understand you isn't it?
    phantomtom likes this.
  3. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Wow how could you be so mean? It's like you don't even like post after post of gibberish
  4. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Type D down! And u are good in english. From The Netherlands and all. i will ask u if im ever wondering on something:)
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, I always have junk on my desk. Always.

[​IMG]

My PC is nothing out of this world.
    I usually just upgrade when I find a really good deal on a part.

[​IMG]

Gateway Monitor ($300, bought this when LCD monitors started to get cheaper, almost 6 years ago)

Dell Monitor (Free, surplus from old job.)

APC 450Watts UPS. (Free, surplus from old job, just had to slap in a fresh battery. $20)
    My PC Only uses about 150-200 Watts + the monitor, so it keeps me safe from Florida Power and Light brownouts.
    Known to many locally as Florida Plunder and Loot.

400 Watt ANTEC PSU (Sale on Newegg, only like $20)

Old PATA DVD Burner (Like $20 ages ago.)

Biostar A9600+ mATX motherboard. (Came with 8GB ram, sold the ram, made it a better deal, like $40.)

8GB RAM (Surplus from former job)

2 TB Samsung HD (I forget, bought it before the Taiwan flood, so it was a good deal. Sub $100)

AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz (Bought it for about $100 a few years ago.)

ECS GTX 660 2GB (Really happy with this one, got a great deal on it, like $120 after $20 newegg credit)

Cougar mATX Case (was only like $20 + shipping, not a great deal, but a deal.)

MW3 Keyboard, I like the back-light keys, don't have to keep my light on to see them. (Was on sale for $30)

BLack Ops 2 mouse, upgraded from old one for more buttons to play PA. (Was on Sale $20)

Xbox Controllers, because that's how I play PC/360 games.
    Last edited: April 27, 2014
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Holy ****. I thought mine was bad!
  7. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

What can I say?
    My desk has a high level of Entropy.

[​IMG]
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Ha! Looks like my old car :p It still ran, but my goodness so many things were broken. And since it still ran, I never fixed any of it
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

For full disclosure, I spent 20 minutes cleaning up my desk before I took a picture. It wasn't as bad as Hostile's, but it was getting there. I have to do a full scale clean every few months. Stuff just seems to accumulate.
  10. cwarner7264

Right, finally got around to actually taking a couple of pictures of mine:

She's about 3 years old and due a few upgrades

The box:
    Case: Akasa Freedom XONE Mid Tower
    CPU: Intel Core i5 661
    Heat Sink: Zalman CNPS 9900A
    GPU: Asus GeForce GTS450
    RAM: 8GB RAM
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Antec 650W

Monitors:
    24" AOC 2436VWA
    20" HP LA2006x

Speakers: Unknown Logitech

Mouse: Logitech G9x
    Mouse cord holder: Roccat Apuri (seriously, these things are amazing)

Keyboard: "Logitech Illuminated Keyboard"

Joystick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Mic: Shure SM58 via Roland Duo Capture EX

Headphones: Philips SHC5100/05 wireless

Hoodie: an awesome one.
    Last edited: April 27, 2014
    phantomtom likes this.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I know those, they are the ones I have as well.
    reptarking and cwarner7264 like this.
  12. thebigpill

Dunno if you can see it on my pictures, but that's actually what those books near my monitor are for: DIY cord holder :D
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Nice hoodie! ;)
    Devak and cwarner7264 like this.
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Unknown Logitech? So basically, Logitech then.

Because I used to have an old camera like that. Used to think it was just a generic, then I came to realize the camera is pretty much a camera, if anything at all was known about it then it would just be too easy and wouldn't be a Logitech.
  15. cwarner7264

Well, this works for some items. My mouse, however, is Logitech but if you look it up it's a damn fine mouse and the model is worth noting.

The speakers are unknown because they have no model noted on them anywhere, I don't have their packaging and actually I have no recollection of how they came to be in my house in the first place - they're just there.
  16. thebigpill

Really, the main reason the G9x is known as a top tier mouse is because k1llsen, a Quake pro known for his insane aim uses it (or used it, since he retired this april :'( ). It's good, but overrated IMO. Same story with the Abyssus, razer threw money at two pro players to use the abyssus and bam every other competitive fps player bought an abyssus and gave a rave review. Now a lot of people call it decent but nothing special.
  17. cwarner7264

Personally, I don't really go by what others use, pro or not, because everyone has different tastes. The G9x is lovely for me because I prefer wider mice and it comes with a set of weights so you can make it heavier or lighter. Plus all the different insta-switch DPI settings and scroll-wheel click toggle. <3
  18. thebigpill

Well when I look at a mouse to buy I look at the sensor first and everything else is just a bonus. So when I say "a mouse is good" I mean, "the sensor is good." Besides, shape and weight is pretty much a matter of preference.
  19. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Which is funny. I go for fit/feel first, because.. well, my hand is gonna be using the dang thing all day. Then, if it's comfortable, I start analyzing sensors, responsiveness, and finally any additional features I care about (which isn't much, honestly).
    DeadStretch likes this.
  20. teju__

teju__ Active Member

This probably comes down to the type of games one usually plays. I do think it's wise to look for a good sensor first if you want to play any type of shooter (and probably osu or whatever that thing is called), while it seems to be much less important for other genres.