PAX East Booth!

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by DeadStretch, March 11, 2011.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I got a ton of pics and 4 minutes of video for you guys when I get back tonight.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

3. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Come on already :x
  4. DeadStretch

In PAX land it's still pretty early. The parties are probably just starting. :D
  5. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

God damn it!
  6. Polynomial

7. DeadStretch

What the WHAT!?! Notice...so...much...awesome! I mean crazy ejectors, awesome bot lanes and jump pads that hurt when you land. I want to say so much but I am trying to keep myself from nerding out.

Poly how is it that you are there in the Booth and still not know the name of the map? Or is it more likely you just didn't add it to the vid. description because you were pressed for time?

I will say one thing loudly.... YOU DON"T SPAWN AROUND THE MONEYBALL!

Oh yeah and RAMPS!
  8. Polynomial

I was tired. I thinks its Uncle Tully's Funhouse.
  9. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Has anyone else ever noticed that the developers never upgrade their skills?

Also, I wish I still lived in Boston!
  10. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

11. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

12. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Microsoft wants you to PAY for it tomorrow. THEN, you may see it within 3 months.

Lol. They have announced that they are getting estimates on what a patch will contain, and are talking to Microsoft on how they can make it happen. This is good at least, they are paying attention to shift back to xbox?
  14. Polynomial

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture cracks me up the most. I love the way Scathis is looking at the guy with the white hair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. DeadStretch

Yep, I just nerded out....I need to go clean myself.

I tell you what though looking at these pictures I kept thinking to myself "I need a job." lmao

So what's up with that box with Bullseye all over it? Also Logan is a tall-mo-fo!
  16. Polynomial

To say I had fun this weekend is an understatement. Meeting my favorite group of developers was definitely the highlight. Everyone there was awesome. I got tons of MNC stuff, Samurai codes, even multiple full game codes. Not sure what I'm going to do with all that just yet. Multiple shirts, an empty box, hats, and so on. The Sunday tournament was really fun. Met 3 really great people (the assassin did the best out of everyone I played with, including my own team >.<). Lost in the last round to people way more coordinated and practiced than me, so I missed out on a tank statue, but had everything else. I'll just stick to competitive Magic in the future, I'm much better at that >.>

Every dev there signed the posters everyone got. Scathis and Stackhouse were giddy over how silly good they were playing and made sure to never do a play the developers session because they'd lose too lol.

Uber is a great group of people with an insane amount of video game industry experience. Even though there may be dozen page long threads, every question had a good answer, and every patch change was thought through. I really got the impression of the incredible attention to detail they put into the game.
  17. DeadStretch

They did a play with Devs on the 360.....yeah we smashed then all!... Except Logan, that dude is too good at MNC but hey I pancaked him. 2nd best moment of my MNC career. 1st was meleeing Scathis to death the day Spunky released and that had been my first melee kill ever.

Glad you had a great time Poly, even though I am jealous. Here's to next year!
  18. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

If you look incredibly hard, the game does miss the volume, that a game made by a large staff could fill in. For instance, this game has so many flat menus where other games have 3d images of weapons floating around the weapon's menu or the options menu.

However, the fact that you must look hard for things like that, and don't miss it being there anyway, shows how unimportant aesthetics are compared to good gameplay. Really, what does a 3d weapon image on a flashy dynamic options menu contribute to gameplay? They have it good right now, with good stuff made by good devs and unimportant stuff filled in to work without taking too much time.
  19. DeadStretch

Oh by the way, who is Scathis doing an interview with?
  20. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Curse you Shadow! *waves angry fist* :lol:
    I think he knew we'd demolish the other team so he split up our powerhouse... Of power.

Good stuff all around, had a great time in both tournaments. Your team fought hard Poly, I salute you sir.

Had tons of fun at PAX EAST this year. Met a lot of my online friends and just had an awesome time. I will post plenty of pics and vids when I get home. Watch for my YouTube page guys & gals :mrgreen: