patching. Why Mikey Should

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by nosebreaker, August 30, 2017.

1. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member

Ok First there are a few things that everyone in this thread needs to know.
    @mikeyh has a long list of all of the things he plans on implementing in the game, including but not limited to balance changes, meteorites, AI improvements, Game optimization, Community maps integrated into the game without downloading etc.
    A week ago he shared with me that he is busy and cant work on the game in the next 2 months. at the moment community maps are cooking which should diversify games for casuals a lot.

It would be great if he was to publish the list somewhere so we can know what to expect (even if it is indefinitely in the future)

Regarding Ladder: he mentioned that a reset of the ladder might be in preparation, as well as a community ladder (River did something similar, however that one has its own room for improvement)

No community maps or Legion can be implemented into PA ranked due to legal issues. Case closed on that one as far as i know, hence Community Ladder (Legion is not totally perfect either but AndreasG is actively improving on it together with trusted play testers)

The two existing major Balance mods Equilibrium by Neon (still in closed beta testing) and Very Conservative Balance mod by @Quitch are both great improvements on MLA gameplay, I personally always host games with them on, even if N30N's is still rough around the edges.

AndreasG has also mentioned that he plans on making his own Balance mod sometime (soon?)

As for MLA balance, I agree with @nosebreaker that things must change, but if we want change there must be a uniform opinion that has been play tested big time. At the moment the biggest potential that i see for that N30n's mod once it is fully polished and recognized by the bulk of Uber players. This is not about 10hp on an ant, but rather about making use of all the Units Uber created and diversifying the game as a whole.

So my simple suggestion is: get involved with the players who are already working. There is a community discord, join it and talk to the Ubers there, the bulk of them are up to date and very chatty.

Primary Community Discord:
    https://discord.gg/qCS6jwb

PA Academy Discord:
    https://discord.gg/BV62MWh
    aknof, stuart98, ljfed and 3 others like this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

lulamae, NikolaMX and stuart98 like this.
  3. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member