Patch 1.6 gig Restart STEAM

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Diii, December 18, 2010.

1. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

2. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

We're working on these issues. Please keep the reports coming, they're much appreciated! The more info you can provide, the better.
  3. faits

faits New Member

Had these same issues trying to host a dedicated server post-patch. Will keep an eye on the forum and try again once a fix is posted.
  4. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Server hosting problems I seem to have are that the name for people joining seem to always be "Player?" no idea if that is a scripted thing or not on ubers end.

Before this update I could run a dedicated but it would hang on the first connection to it, today's patch allowed 3 people to connect but then it hung again about 20 seconds in. I have all the right ports open I believe if people are able to see it and join inn briefly.

So my issue is that players logging in will crash the server for some unknown reason, and running as a listen server has the same results.
  5. LennardF1989

Just for the record, I have no issues with the actual lobby, but while ingame. I think the issue relies on native level not closing down all connections made by players correctly (hence why my server reached 51 connections and crashed - 50 is Unreal Engine maximum -).
  6. Diii

Diii New Member

this is how i crash wen i host.

Start the game up
    Create Server and set the settings
    Then i start the game
    my mates try to join true steam friends but cant connect so the try server browser.
    Wen the click join my game locks up and theres 2.

thats how its going every time.

Wen i host dedi server true the game it starts up and then 7 players connect with the name player and thats it.
    nothing more happens and no one can join it.
  7. faits

faits New Member

Yeah when I tried running a dedicated I had the same problem with the number just climbing higher and higher.

Just for the heck of it I tried hosting a listen server. Completed one map (finished before overtime, so not a full 17 minutes, probably less than 10) and then it crashed a minute or so into the second map.

Since you can't see the server window when you're running a listen server I don't know if it that's why I crashed this time, but I suspect it might be since the timing is right.
  8. LennardF1989

Run the game with -log or type showlog in the console to toggle the console window. Everything is logged in a Logs-file found in My Document/My Games/Unreal Engine 3 if you want to look back to what happened while running a listen server.
  9. Diii

Diii New Member

here are all my logs

Attached Files:

• Logs.rar
      File size:
      460.1 KB
      Views:
  10. faits

faits New Member

Thanks.
  11. Soltanis

Soltanis New Member

A little offtopic, but you have to set steam to not automaticly update for you by right clicking the game and clicking properities, then going to updates.

If there is a patch then it will ask you to update when you try to start the game.
  12. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

For what it's worth, I'm working on the patching system now (Unreal didn't have one unfortunately so we had to add it ourselves). Future updates should just be a few megs. Its possible we'll have one more update go out before this goes in, but hopefully that would be the last huge update.
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

For what it's worth o is the CEO of Uber. You guys should feel lucky he replied in this thread.

:D :lol:
    j/k...kind of