PAMM Server

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Mereth, August 28, 2014.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

ok, so is this the only way mods are supposed to be added and updated now? If so we probably should update the documentation at these places:
    Also, what becomes of the pamods.github.io repo now? Should we close it down and just keep it for archive purposes or what? If so then how are we supposed to do icons for mods?

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a little and now that I'm trying to update my mods and stuff I'm beginning to find that a lot has changed.
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

icons can be stored on imgur anonymously, you need to use the i.imgur.com url
    the only needed file left on pamods.github.io is the news.html
    I guess the pamods.github.io will stay as long as we have mods/icons left here , but I will not have to clone it anymore :]
  3. LavaSnake

Thanks! Should I go ahead and update the docs on pamods.github.io and clean the repo of all the unnecessary files? I just want to make sure the mod zips there aren't being used anymore. I'll also ask raevn to update his mod submission guide to match the new system.
    Last edited: September 10, 2014
  4. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

They are being used, I just hope people will stop making mods update here and use other storage facilities available.
  5. LavaSnake

ok, maybe a special readme file will help...
  6. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Is the same direct-download link then used by PAMM for all downloads of that file?

You recommend using the github archive downloads: Are the .gitattributes, .gitignore or readme.md files, since they're included in the archive download, a concern?
  7. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Yes, the link must work as long as you want "this" version available to download by PAMM. But you must avoid the download link to "master". Targeting a specific commit, or tag, guarantee that everyone will get the proper mod content.

No, PAMM & PA don't care about those files.
  8. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Somebody sticky this thread please