PA: TITANS is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, August 18, 2015.

1. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

I think the reason why people are so steamed about having to pay for this (pun intended) is because the finished product... didn't really feel like a finished product. Then we see this! HNNNNGGGGG! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

WHADYA MEAN THIS IS DLC?!

And so on and so forth. There's a lot of problems with making it paid, including not giving it for free to the dudes who paid the same price as kickstarter backers. I already thought the commanders were a tad bit ridiculously priced at 5-10 bucks a dude, but comon. Even with the discount that's a bit much to ask for the rest of your game.

At least that what it feels like.

I mean the game raw still feels unfinished. I still play it cause I find it fun, and this is what I'm looking for, but combined with the high asking price and all the shenanigans that the communities' been through and a buncha downsizing, the least we can ask is for this to be a PATCH. Or at least NOT 37 DOLLARS RAW. 11 bucks is a bit much for stuff that should already be there.
  2. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

Ehh, I never said it is a rip off. I said that it will slice the community in two parts, which is not good.
  3. nateious

nateious Active Member

Meeting over, video watched.

Amazing.
    cptconundrum and ArchieBuld like this.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, like @cdrkf said, the memory could be a problem. You may want to try increasing the amount of virtual memory because that's quite low too. Especially with only 6GB if real memory. Try increasing the virtual memory to at least 16GB. Instructions are here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

If that doesn't help, open a new thread on the Support forum, since your posts in this thread will just get buried as you can see.

(the link is for Win7, I hope it's similar for Win10)
    billthebluebot likes this.
  5. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

But what will happen now? Will only the Titans game get updated or will both games get updated?
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well Classic also got a patch too... so it's definitely not 'dead' :) Also just had confirmation that Titans owners can see and join classic games (will play as classic of course) so games should still get plenty of players either way.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think it has been said somewhere that bugfixes and stuff will carry over to the base game as well.
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. Going4Quests

I want to buy it, but I'm so confused. So will both games get updates? Like they add theoretically something new, will both games get it seeing its the same game, where Titans is just the version where you have titans too?
  9. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I miss installing games off of CDs
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. cola_colin

Do you know Forged Alliance from Supreme Commander?
    Titans is the same thing for PA.
    devoh and ArchieBuld like this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Agreed, although I *definitely dont miss* installing them off floppy discs :D (eek showing my age there haha)
  12. Going4Quests

I got FA right before Supreme Commander 2 came out. I do not know if GPG both updated Supcom & FA together. Did they? Also, are the patch notes soon coming up for vanilla?

The game is now downloading for me. Should I also play the standard game or only play Titans now?
  13. cola_colin

They bugfixed Supreme Commander and released maybe one or two patches for FA, then stopped forever.

I am sure PA will see more updates, though I doubt you will see big content updates to PA vanilla from here on.

play only titans. It's a much better game.
    ArchieBuld and Remy561 like this.
  14. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

My first machine was a powerbook 180c and it was very, very expensive. The first PC game I played was Hardball II (I played the mac version), which is also ironically the first game that Chris Taylor worked on. I never got to use an MSDOS or BASIC machine more than a few times, though.
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. Going4Quests

Alright thanks! So if any big updates happen, they'll be done to Titans? Like asteroids, galactic wars etc to the standard.

Hm I see an updated main menu! :D

[​IMG]
  16. Germanfragger

Germanfragger New Member

Im a bit confused too im not one of the original kickstarter but i got the i think the name was the "Galactic Edition" from uber directly which is rated as the 90$ tier from kickstarter! I couldn´t buy in on KS because of the lack of a credit card and paypal was not an option at this time on ks ! My question is now: Will i get PA:T free to because i payed the same ammount as a kickstarter backer and had the same Privileg as them!
  17. daTomas

daTomas Member

I am sucker for giant robots, I payed and downloading now.

Is there a Krogoth? :D

Edit: When in doubt, build a bigger bot!

I like it a lot! :D
    Last edited: August 18, 2015
    stuart98, cptconundrum and ArchieBuld like this.
  18. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

DLC, expansion, SC FA... shut up and take my 12€!!!
  19. razaron

razaron New Member

Same here, inquiring minds must know.
  20. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Played the first game under Debian Linux on my lunch hour, worked flawlessly. Amazing stuff, Uber! It's going to take a while for the dust to settle from this one!

BTW, I used papatcher.go for updating to stable.
    ArchieBuld and DeathByDenim like this.