PA: Titans has been targetted for negative reviews/refund abuse

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by mutrumbo, August 20, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I would say what looks wrong to me (and points to there being a problem) is the totally *disproportionate* representation of negative reviews in the most helpful section. I mean the game has 78% positive review score, yet all the helpful reviews are negative. That is down to a disgruntled group who have been actively going through and down voting *every single positive review* whilst up voting *ever single negative review* to try and prove a point.

If the game has nearly 80% of it's reviews positive, then really the highlighted 'helpful' reviews should also be mostly positive. The majority of reviewers of Titans are happy with the game, so why should the vocal minority be allowed to hijack the 'helpful' section in this way?
    stuart98 and popededi like this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Exactly. The only area I would expect such a situation would be a game that is LITERALLY ripping you off. Entropy is a game that fits this description - it's an EA game riddled with bugs and crashes that the devs have basically abandoned. Its reviews say that quite clearly.

PA is in no way anywhere near that status. The money Uber asks for (what little that is) is absolutely fair, and special privileges are being given to folks who Kickstarted the game. It's not about how much money was paid - that's not really a factor. Throwing a towel around and kicking boxes over how you paid $90 but didn't kickstart is just silly when it clearly states that KICKSTARTER BACKERS ONLY get the game for free. There's no discrimination whatsoever.

Preaching about this crash or the other is also frustrating for all parties. You're either complaining about the crash because you haven't tried to fix it, don't know how, or have determined through technical means that it is not your fault. We don't know unless you tell us. Uber cannot fix stuff that you do not report or bring to the attention of someone who has the necessary knowledge base to help you. Thus, reviews stating BS like "Incredibly unstable. Constantly crashes." (which is literally a review on Steam for PAT right now) is not helpful to someone thinking about buying the game or for the devs. Competent gamers know this, ofc, but this steam riot crowd doesn't seem to be very rational. They just keep hammering at the unfair business practices of Uber as if that affects the quality of the game behind it. There's a LOT of emotion there and it got out of hand yesterday.

I doubt that a dev post on the Steam forums will clear this **** up. They need moderators to do their duty and clean the steam forums of all the repetitive whine threads. It's time to take out the trash for Pete's sake.

We get it - this small minority thinks Uber is somehow Satan for attempting to sell a product. BUT IS THE PRODUCT A GOOD PRODUCT? That's what people looking to buy the game are looking for - a game to play, not some BS about the devs that really doesn't factor in to the majority's enjoyment of PA.
    stuart98 likes this.