PA:Titans crash after startup on Windows

Discussion in 'Support!' started by georgebulakh, May 3, 2016.

1. georgebulakh

georgebulakh New Member

When I launch the game (build v. 89755 in normal mode, v. 94243 in PTE) after it loaded up and "connecting to PlayFab" message disappear and I am in main menu, within 2 to 5 seconds game crashes - "PA has stopped working". I have a game installed through steam. I tried checking game cache in Steam and reinstalling it and rebooting. When I launch the game through binary in install folder it's all fine until i login to PlayFab - then it freezes. Literally yesterday everything was fine. DxDiag and PTE/stable logs included.
    Help people, I really want to try out Legion expansion!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Can you post a log for stable as well.
  3. georgebulakh

georgebulakh New Member

Log for stable:

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I've seen something similar before here and here. The first was resolved by resetting the password (weird) and the second one never got back to me, so I'm not sure if it worked there or not. Anyway, give it a try and see what happens.
    georgebulakh likes this.
  5. georgebulakh

georgebulakh New Member

I reset password yesterday and tried again today. Nothing changed... Oh well.
  6. DeathByDenim

Hmm, well it was worth a shot.
    Did you recently change your Steam name or Display name? Or does it contain non-ASCII characters? If so, can you try changing that?
    Another thing you can try is resetting you PA configuration. For that, close PA and go to "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment" and rename the folder "Planetary Annihilation" to "Planetary Annihilation.bak". That will completely reset everything, so GW, settings, save games and all that will be gone. If you still can't log in after that, you can restore it by deleting the newly created "Planetary Annihilation" folder and just renaming the old one back.
    And finally, did you may install other software? Some software doesn't play nice with PA. A full list is here: https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Windows_Incompatible_Software
  7. georgebulakh

georgebulakh New Member

I have latin-only letters in nickname, resetting PA config did not help, had no new software installed.
    But today I tried to open game once again and everything just worked on stable branch.
    Whenever I try to launch PTE game version it crashes in the same way.
    Have a few mods installed, disabled them all.
    PTE log included, it's different from previous one.

Attached Files:

8. DeathByDenim

Oh, that is odd, but good that stable works now.

If it now only crashes in the PTE and not in stable, then it's probably a newly introduced issue. Could you make a post with the log in the PTE thread ( https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-titans-pte-94243-is-now-available.71678/ )? That way Uber will see it and hopefully can fix it. From the crash log it seems something went wrong after transferring data from an HTTP call.
  9. georgebulakh

georgebulakh New Member

As I said previously, I enabled and disabled PTE a few times and tried launching the game, and it worked in stable and did not work in PTE. But after submitting my last post and launching game in stable branch once again... voilla, it crashed again, the same way. Crash log included, but it seems to be the same as previous log for stable.
    I saved your link and will post there after a few days if things stay the same, I just want to give the damn game a few days to fix itself, as it seems that problem is not local but server-side.
    Please respond if you can advise anything to make my post there as informative as possible (i.e. what can I provide aside from a log)

Attached Files:

10. DeathByDenim

Ah sorry, I misunderstood that.

By the way, could you try doing a system scan with the sfc tool that comes with Windows? It will check your system files for corruption. I'm not sure if it will help, but I've seen it fix some bizarre problems in the past. Instructions are here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

As for server side, you could try sending an e-mail to support@uberent.com to check your account data. Maybe there is something weird going on there.

For the PTE thread, only the log and a description of the problem would be sufficient, that is, logging into PlayFab causes a crash.